Need advice! *Long Story*- How to handle seller?

Yup...that is feedback extortion on his part. eBay usually doesn't take too kindly to that. Take the partial refund and neg him like others said. Don't feel guilty about it- he's completely out of line for it. If he sends you nasty messages for it, report them to eBay for harassment. If he won't refund you til you leave a positive, report him to eBay for extortion (again). YOU have the upper hand here, don't let this bully seller push you around. :boxing:

Reading this again, you could try a third option (which is the one he should have offered to begin with). You could demand to return this item and have him send the actual item listed in the auction to you! Where does he get off sending you an item that is half the size of the one listed in the auction? Is it the same item that was pictured?

Reading this again, you could try a third option (which is the one he should have offered to begin with). You could demand to return this item and have him send the actual item listed in the auction to you! Where does he get off sending you an item that is half the size of the one listed in the auction? Is it the same item that was pictured?

Hi! Thank you for your reply! Yes, the item is the same, but a different size. I looked at this seller's other items he has listed at this time and none are similiar. I'm pretty sure that's the ony one he had and listed it wrong. I'm assuming it's the one pictured, too. These containers look alike, but are different sizes. I'm afraid it'll cost too much to send it back, it wasn't that much to begin with and I paid less for shipping than he did (that's one of the things he is mad about). I got up this morning thinking I should just leave him a neg and be done with it!

I think I'd return it to him, leave him a neg. No need to keep something SNAD, and no need to be suffering someone else's mistake. IF it's not what you wanted, then get rid of it.

He definitely deserves a negative BUT I would report him to *bay for making you promise NOT to leave feedback. He is holding that over your head in order to correct the problem.

Thanks again everyone! Jennie's Aunt, I just reported him. Of course they say it'll be up to 48 hrs before I hear anything. I don't really know what they could tell me, anyway. I guess I'll wait to hear from them before I proceed.

Thanks again everyone! Jennie's Aunt, I just reported him. Of course they say it'll be up to 48 hrs before I hear anything. I don't really know what they could tell me, anyway. I guess I'll wait to hear from them before I proceed.

I hope they take seriously the fact that he was holding your refund based on you not leaving feedback. That is totally against *bays rules. Let us know what they say.

That idiot needs to get booted off ebay. He's a jerk.
Whatever is most inconvenient to him, is my choice. And do turn him in to ebay.