Need advice... is the First/Classique really too small for me?

Laetitya

Balenciaga Bumblebee
Jul 2, 2007
London
I am thinking of getting myself a First for evening use. I am 1m70 tall (I think that is 5 foot 7?) and as I have lost 10kg recently, it may suit me better than I remember. Trouble is that the store that sells Bbags here doesn't have a First in stock, so I can't try it on. I wear my black RH City and Raisin RH Work alot, so should I just get myself another city?What do you ladies think? A first is too small?

ejsc55

O.G.
Aug 18, 2007
The first is a lot smaller than the city, but you can hold a decent amount in it. If you are just using it for an evening bag, I would imaging you would be ok. What do you carry with you in the evening?

This is my first:

Attachments

Laetitya

Balenciaga Bumblebee
Jul 2, 2007
London
I dont carry alot in my bags anyway...but I am just worried about the size looking stupidly silly on me...dont know why, I just have a paranoia LOL

MichK

Nov 1, 2008
I'm 5'3" and I find that the First looks too small on me, LOL! I don't carry much, so the capacity isn't the problem - but I find it looks really odd... it just doesn't have enough heft to it. But lots of gals here rocks their Firsts... so I guess it depends on the look you want? I don't like holding a tiny bag, unless it's a clutch.

Having said that, I love the FBF (which is slightly bigger than the newer Firsts)...

snoesje

Sep 16, 2007
Germany<->Italy
i don't think it's too small, especially not for a evening bag. i'm 178 and it doesn't look small on me, really... also i prefer the city for daily use, but for the evening or some more formal occassions it's the perfect bag!!!

Babi

O.G.
Feb 9, 2007
Italy
The first can be such a cool style. If you don't carry much, it can be a very nice bag for everyday errands and evenings out.

aalinne_72

LostInBal
O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
Have you seen Guiselle Bündchen´s caramel & BFB? She´s 1´79cm tall and looking great on her...;)

sweetlust

O.G.
Dec 19, 2008
^^ Agree, twiggy could be an option too!

But honestly I'm same height as you and first is great for evening, running errands, all sorts. No worries! What color? :graucho:

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
london uk
I'm 5 7" and have three firsts. It's my favourite style. I don't carry much, so for me it's perfect. With other bags I never have enough to put in them:smile:

Laetitya

Balenciaga Bumblebee
Jul 2, 2007
London
I had one twiggy but not sure I like the shape. I love the way the City slouches, does the First slouch at all?