need advice if anyone knows the answer

duckiesforme

Jun 2, 2014
I bought a dooney on ebay (the new santornini (sp) snake embossed hobo) and I asked if the zipper worked fine (this bag was new without tags) well, when I received it the zipper is very hard to zip and unzip so I emailed her and she gave me a refund of $51 (the purse doesn't have a warranty card) so I was looking at the inside tag and it says "sample not for resale".
my question is, would I be able to send this bag in to have them replace the zipper or do a trade in or am I stuck with a purse I cannot use? does anyone know the answer to this? has anyone ever bought a dooney sample bag?

MiaBorsa

At the mall, BRB.
Jun 17, 2012
I don't know about the sample bag, but have you tried putting a little wax on the zipper? If you have waxed paper or a crayon, rub it gently on both sides of the zipper, then try to work the zipper back and forth.

Aug 13, 2014
So glad you were able to resolve your zipper problem. I don't know if Dooney will do a repair (at your cost) or a trade in on a bag marked sample. My guess would be that they would not do a trade in since they can't establish a retail value.

RX11

Aug 25, 2014
Hi there. I am pretty new to this forum and not sure how this works. If I would like advice on an Alto doctor satchel, do I post a new thread or can I post on here? Thank you.