NEED ADVICE - How much do kid leather Simples stretch???

Hmm, I have a pair of patent Simples, and I was thinking of sizing up on my next one so I could put the ball-of-foot pads into them for more comfort. They didn't seem to stretch too much for me.

I think every pair of shoes that I think are really comfortable after wearing a bunch -- were the same ones I was worried were too small when I bought them. Now granted, a bit painful in between, but so worth it. That was a vote for snug.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have just received my Simple 70 nude patents and I absolutely love them, thing is I had to get a whole size smaller than I wanted because its all they had, I cant exchange for a bigger size. They are pretty tight, lenthwise I think they seem ok but tightness around the top of my foot and toes and sides is REALLY tight. Im trying the sock thing now with thick socks which is really hurting due to the extra padding in there. Is it going to be worth me keeping or should I just let them go back? I just dont know...

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have just received my Simple 70 nude patents and I absolutely love them, thing is I had to get a whole size smaller than I wanted because its all they had, I cant exchange for a bigger size. They are pretty tight, lenthwise I think they seem ok but tightness around the top of my foot and toes and sides is REALLY tight. Im trying the sock thing now with thick socks which is really hurting due to the extra padding in there. Is it going to be worth me keeping or should I just let them go back? I just dont know...

Let them go back and find the right size elsewhere.

Stretching the width is very common and easy to do, but you don't want to keep them if they are too short. The length will never give enough to be comfortable.

Yeh length seems ok, I can get my foot in and when sitting in them its ok but standing up is when the tightness around them is there. I know once they go back I wont find them again because theyre very expensive here and NAP was the only place I could get them. Hopefully they will get Simple 70 in agan real soon in a nice colour.

I've bought a pair of patent simples that's a size smaller than my usual 38, because they were the very last pair and I fell in love with the height and colour (red 100mm :love:). I wore them around the house with thick socks on for about a week... and they've stretched to a perfect fit.

btw, NAP usually gets a couple of classic styles in basic colours every season...and they seem to get more simples around 85mm... so no worries about seeing them again on NAP.

oh yeah, Saks just started shipping internationally too! check them out :smile:

You would be surprised how much patent simples can stretch if you stuff them with socks! My patent simples were about 1 inch too narrow for my super wide feet (slightly over 4 inches wide)! I couldn't stretch them by wearing them with thick socks at home as it was way too narrow and my feet would go numb with pain. So I stuffed them good (not only at the toe cap but the entire shoe with at least 6 pairs of socks). Everyday, I would stuff more material into the toe cap and after 7 days, it is so roomy width wise (in fact now a bit loose). It was a last resort for me as I was going to sell them off and lose a lot of $ as I bought them brand new from SAKS. Good luck with your shoes. I hope they work out for you.

Thanks guys, I ended up letting them go because they kinda felt tight in a way that wasnt going to give - might have been wrong and I regret it now but then they listed the Rosella flats just now and they had my size - flats are more 'me' anyway, so I grabbed them. Excited about it and Ill wait for some simple 70's in my size later on (hopefully in nude), even just half size bigger would have helped.