Need advice from expert sellers on ebay

canyongirl

O.G.
May 7, 2009
I've been selling on ebay for years, but I've never came across this situation and I need advice. There are a few odd circumstances and I am a little concerned.

I sold a MBMJ purse and the lady who won the auction has 0 feedback. :huh:

She paid via paypal and the transaction ID says her address is confirmed. The name of who made the payment is different from the name of the shipping address. That alone struck me as a little odd.

This is the weird part - I printed a shipping label and went to the paypal shipping transaction details and it says her address is unconfirmed.

How could her address be confirmed and unconfirmed??? I've never seen this before. What should I do?

Maybe you should wait for Ellie Mae to chime in (as I'm not an "expert" seller), but I would call Paypal right now (if they're still open where you are) and ask them what's going on, and what you should do. This sounds very strange!

PER PP HELP https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=12724&isSrch=Yes

Can I ship to unconfirmed addresses?

Answer :
Yes, the transaction must be marked eligible or partially eligible for Seller Protection on the Transaction Details page.

* If the transaction is marked eligible, protection for both Unauthorized Payments and Item Not Received will apply. If it is marked partially eligible, protection for only Item Not Received will apply. (only ship if transaction is marked ELIGIBLE)
* Items sold on eBay will be marked eligible even if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed.
* Generally, items sold on websites other than eBay will be marked eligible if the shipping address is marked confirmed and partially eligible if the shipping address is marked unconfirmed.

OP My immediate question is... on the PP transaction page, is the transaction marked eligible or partially eligible?

Last edited:
Maybe you should wait for Ellie Mae to chime in (as I'm not an "expert" seller), but I would call Paypal right now (if they're still open where you are) and ask them what's going on, and what you should do. This sounds very strange!

LOL kells, I am NOT an expert seller either. Just an old woman who has read way too many ebay threads!;)

My primary concern ATM is: is the transaction marked eligible or partially eligible. AND, the payor and recipient names being different.

I have purchased items on ebay and shipped to my daughter.. therefore names are different. However, the same would occur if there was unauthorized use of a PP account...?? I agree with you that OP needs to CALL PP about this issue.

^ Thank you for your reply. I just got off the phone with paypal and she said that since the first transaction shows the buyer as being confirmed, then I would be protected as a seller. I guess I'll ship it and hope for the best. :smile:

This happened to me when I sold a DVF dress.

When the zero feedback winner paid me, everything said she had a confirmed address. I received a payment confirmation email from Paypal and the address was confirmed right after payment. I packaged the item for shipping the next day. Then I received an email from Paypal the next day saying there was an issue with the winner's account and to delay shipping until the issue was resolved. Paypal actually reversed her funds from my account. I called paypal and they told me if I shipped, it would not be eligible at all for seller protection. Paypal recommended emailing the winner to say the payment was reversed and I would ship when she fixed the problem with her Paypal account. Needless to say, she never fixed the issue. I ended filing a NPB then offering a second chance offer to the next bidder.

I say scammer and don't ship your MBMJ until her account is confirmed again.

^ Thank you for your reply. I just got off the phone with paypal and she said that since the first transaction shows the buyer as being confirmed, then I would be protected as a seller. I guess I'll ship it and hope for the best. :smile:

Well, just for fun PRINT that PP page that says eligible.

Did PP have any comment as to the payor and recipient names being different?

IF you ship, be sure that you ship insured w/ ONLINE tracking AND signature confirmation. To the recipient addy shown on the PP transaction page.

Please DO wait for further replies to see if any other members have run into this issue of recent. And you might call PP one more time tomorrow for 1 further PP opinion. Just to be sure all is still well.

This happened to me when I sold a DVF dress.

When the zero feedback winner paid me, everything said she had a confirmed address. I received a payment confirmation email from Paypal and the address was confirmed right after payment. I packaged the item for shipping the next day. Then I received an email from Paypal the next day saying there was an issue with the winner's account and to delay shipping until the issue was resolved. Paypal actually reversed her funds from my account. I called paypal and they told me if I shipped, it would not be eligible at all for seller protection. Paypal recommended emailing the winner to say the payment was reversed and I would ship when she fixed the problem with her Paypal account. Needless to say, she never fixed the issue. I ended filing a NPB then offering a second chance offer to the next bidder.

I say scammer and don't ship your MBMJ until her account is confirmed again.

This is a GREAT example of PP fail. CALL AGAIN TOMORROW! You have several days to ship, so be cautious w/ this one, IMO.

LOL kells, I am NOT an expert seller either. Just an old woman who has read way too many ebay threads!;)

My primary concern ATM is: is the transaction marked eligible or partially eligible. AND, the payor and recipient names being different.

I have purchased items on ebay and shipped to my daughter.. therefore names are different. However, the same would occur if there was unauthorized use of a PP account...?? I agree with you that OP needs to CALL PP about this issue.

LOL, I didn't mean you were an expert "seller," but you are the resident eBay expert :biggrin: To me, anyway!

I always call & bug Paypal & eBay - I figure, they're getting paid (all the fees), so they better be there to help when I call! LOL.

Thank you all for your replies. It truly helps.

Ellie Mae ~ I did tell paypal that the buyer and shipping names were different. She said that's not a problem. So long as I ship to the confirmed shipping address, I will be safe.