Need advice for ski trip!! Where and what to get nice clothes/jacket that look good.

I am going to my first ski trip in 2 week. I am trying to look for a good ski jacket, clothes and googles. I went to Dick's but didn't really see anything that look good. I want to look good/special and I also want to have a good jacket that would really keep me warm. I would love something in pink/hot pink if possible. so far, I only see some basic color for good ski jacket.....................

Also, can you give me some advice for a first timer?

TIA

This may not be that helpful, but I like Moncler. Pucci makes great looking ski clothes, but I'm not sure how functional they are. But a lot of people I know wear Northface.

Northface makes great and chic ski jackets. You can opt for the puffy jackets as well as the thin/windbreaker types (I have a red/white thin jacket because then I can layer inside). Many designers make ski boots now too (MJ, Pucci, Dior, etc.)

I am going to my first ski trip in 2 week. I am trying to look for a good ski jacket, clothes and googles. I went to Dick's but didn't really see anything that look good. I want to look good/special and I also want to have a good jacket that would really keep me warm. I would love something in pink/hot pink if possible. so far, I only see some basic color for good ski jacket.....................

Also, can you give me some advice for a first timer?

TIA

Claire, have you been to the new Burton store that opened in Chicago? It's in Gold Coast and is GREAT. Has an entire floor of women's clothes, boards and accessories.

This is a good option if you're looking for cute clothes but don't want to spend too much, especially since this is your first ski-trip and not a serious hobby.

Claire, have you been to the new Burton store that opened in Chicago? It's in Gold Coast and is GREAT. Has an entire floor of women's clothes, boards and accessories.

This is a good option if you're looking for cute clothes but don't want to spend too much, especially since this is your first ski-trip and not a serious hobby.

Thanks! I am going to check out that new Burton store!!

I don't know where you're going skiing, but you'll want to be sure you're warm enough. Nothing like sitting on a stopped ski lift in a stiff breeze to bring that home. :P Be sure you have warm layers under that ski parka. Hot Chilis are what I wear. And you might want to rethink the hot pink jacket. If you get a jacket in a neutral color, you can accent with any color caps and sweaters, and swap them out. Otherwise you're stuck with a single color scheme.

Have fun!!!

I don't know where you're going skiing, but you'll want to be sure you're warm enough. Nothing like sitting on a stopped ski lift in a stiff breeze to bring that home. :P Be sure you have warm layers under that ski parka. Hot Chilis are what I wear. And you might want to rethink the hot pink jacket. If you get a jacket in a neutral color, you can accent with any color caps and sweaters, and swap them out. Otherwise you're stuck with a single color scheme.

Have fun!!!

I would have to agree. Hot pink is a tough color to accessorize.

I have always wanted a ski jacket with fur trim on the hood. So this weekend, I picked up a new Columbia jacket (in ivory, almost white, twill). Of course, I need some new pants, so I opted for North Face in brown (I have several apirs of black already). For color, I added a lightweight turquoise fleece. And I was lucky enough to find a hat that pulls it all together.