Need Advice - Elady package stuck in Customs

rgbarrera

Apr 2, 2014
Hello everyone :smile:
On 7/17 I made a purchase on the eLady website. The item shipped on 7/18 from Japan and arrived in Los Angeles and was placed in "AMC Los Angeles" customs on 7/19. Since then there have been no changes to the tracking info. It's been almost 10 business days in customs now and that seems a bit too long.

This is my first international purchase so I was wondering if anyone had some advice. Is this delay normal? Do I continue to wait? Is there a customs office I'm supposed to follow up with? Please share your experiences, advice, or suggestions.

Thank you!

On 7/17 I made a purchase on the eLady website. The item shipped on 7/18 from Japan and arrived in Los Angeles and was placed in "AMC Los Angeles" customs on 7/19. Since then there have been no changes to the tracking info. It's been almost 10 business days in customs now and that seems a bit too long.

This is my first international purchase so I was wondering if anyone had some advice. Is this delay normal? Do I continue to wait? Is there a customs office I'm supposed to follow up with? Please share your experiences, advice, or suggestions.

Thank you!

I just had mine stuck in customs... sadly I don't think theres much you can do. Mine was suck for 7 days. Usually when they are stuck that long expect to pay customs when they deliver it! I'm in CA and it was 9%.

*I have ordered from Elady a bunch of times, this was the first time mine got held up*

I just had mine stuck in customs... sadly I don't think theres much you can do. Mine was suck for 7 days. Usually when they are stuck that long expect to pay customs when they deliver it! I'm in CA and it was 9%.

*I have ordered from Elady a bunch of times, this was the first time mine got held up*

Thank you, that's good to know, I'm in CA too. I guess I'll give it a couple more days before I start making calls.

Thank you!

Hi, I am in the same exact boat.

I've purchased 2 items on 7/16.

Package #1 value @ $159 has been in customs since 7/20

Package #2 value @ $699 was in customs since 7/22

Today, I just got package #2 (value @ $699) - it was in customs 8 days and had a customs charge of $75 (9% tax plus postal service fee)

Package #1 (value @ $159) is still in stuck customs with the same "inbound into customs" status since 7/20 so it has been almost 10 business days just like your package.

Customs better not put the value price of my package higher than $159 and then tax me on the amount they think my item is worth because I did not pay more than $159 for this item and my seller never marks as gift or under declare the value.

Please update me when your package get released and I will do the same. GL!

P.S If you find out the contact info for customs please let me know as well... I've been googling with no luck and USPS is of no help whatsoever.

Hi, I am in the same exact boat.

I've purchased 2 items on 7/16.

Package #1 value @ $159 has been in customs since 7/20

Package #2 value @ $699 was in customs since 7/22

Today, I just got package #2 (value @ $699) - it was in customs 8 days and had a customs charge of $75 (9% tax plus postal service fee)

Package #1 (value @ $159) is still in stuck customs with the same "inbound into customs" status since 7/20 so it has been almost 10 business days just like your package.

Customs better not put the value price of my package higher than $159 and then tax me on the amount they think my item is worth because I did not pay more than $159 for this item and my seller never marks as gift or under declare the value.

Please update me when your package get released and I will do the same. GL!

P.S If you find out the contact info for customs please let me know as well... I've been googling with no luck and USPS is of no help whatsoever.

Thank you for all the info, I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one out there. My package is probably valued around $699 as well. I'll definitiley get back with an update and if I get any contact info I'll share that too. GL to you too!

I stumbled upon this thread. I just purchased a $1,200 bag from elady...here's to hoping that CA customs doesn't hold my package either...those customs fees sure could go to another Louis Vuitton, lol. Please do continue to post your experiences, as i will do the same! Good luck girls...we all want to sport our newly owned stylish purses. :smile:

I am considering purchasing from her as well. However, I am very nervous about paying customs and duties. I have never had to pay for them before. I am worried it will be a very expensive amount. I paid for my friend and fellow tpf member for a gift worth $75 to Italy and she got stuck paying $35.

I am considering purchasing from her as well. However, I am very nervous about paying customs and duties. I have never had to pay for them before. I am worried it will be a very expensive amount. I paid for my friend and fellow tpf member for a gift worth $75 to Italy and she got stuck paying $35.

I think it's just luck whether you get chosen to pay or not. At this point I wouldn't mind paying the 9%, I just want my bag.

Where do you pay these taxes at?? Post office? I just ordered a bag that is currently in customs in Chicago. Trying to prepare myself for any possible added expense :sad:

When they deliver it, you can pay with check or cash... Check is best since cash they charge a 1.5% fee. Check made out to the postmaster.