Need Advice - Elady package stuck in Customs

I went to www.cbp.gov and looked up the Los Angeles port contact number for the customs office. Finaly got through to a person and he told me that in order for him to search and give me status I needed to provide him the "Air Waybill number" and carrier used by elady. This is not the tracking number but an 11 digit number assigned to the package for customs purposes. I emailed elady and I'm waiting for the replay. I did mention to him that the package had been there since the 19th and his exact replay was "Ohh.... that's way to long." Super frustrated!

I went to www.cbp.gov and looked up the Los Angeles port contact number for the customs office. Finaly got through to a person and he told me that in order for him to search and give me status I needed to provide him the "Air Waybill number" and carrier used by elady. This is not the tracking number but an 11 digit number assigned to the package for customs purposes. I emailed elady and I'm waiting for the replay. I did mention to him that the package had been there since the 19th and his exact replay was "Ohh.... that's way to long." Super frustrated!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!! Gotta love Government Agencies!

Ok... So I also got through to a person who only asked for my tracking number.

He then proceeded to tell me that the tracking number for my package is not in his system of detained packages and that 2 weeks is way too long for any package to be stuck in customs. He concluded with there's nothing else he could tell me other than he has no idea where my package is.

According to this person I spoke with, the tracking shows "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" on top of the "Inbound Into Customs" on 7/20 -- which in theory means that my package should've already cleared customs a couple of days after the
"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" status... it should've updated to processed at local facility and then out to delivery ect...

From what I can understand, he is saying that customs should've already released my package because they tracking number does not appear on the list of detained packages in his system and that they don't know where it is now after it has been released, it would have been on a post office truck off to its destination afterwards.

Does that mean customs are trying to say that USPS lost it?

I don't know what to do from here. This is very frustrating...

Should I open INR case ? I feel so bad as it is not the seller's fault whatsoever.

I do not want my $ back I just want my item :cry:

Last edited:
:cry:Update to my situation: I spoke to a different customs agent who also searched using the eLady provided tracking number and only showed the package "inbound to customs". He stated that it was never pulled for Duty and was kind enough to even do a physical check for the package, found nothing. He said the only way to proceed is to have eLady initiate a tracer with USPS and maybe track it down that way.

I'm almost certain this package is just lost, gone, never gonna get delivered :shucks: I'm going to give eLady some time to respond to my messages then see what the next step is. Hopefully a refund will not be difficult to get.

:cry:Update to my situation: I spoke to a different customs agent who also searched using the eLady provided tracking number and only showed the package "inbound to customs". He stated that it was never pulled for Duty and was kind enough to even do a physical check for the package, found nothing. He said the only way to proceed is to have eLady initiate a tracer with USPS and maybe track it down that way.

I'm almost certain this package is just lost, gone, never gonna get delivered :shucks: I'm going to give eLady some time to respond to my messages then see what the next step is. Hopefully a refund will not be difficult to get.
I am so sorry you are going through this. I took the plunge and ordered from e lady and I am praying I don't have the same problem

I am so sorry you are going through this. I took the plunge and ordered from e lady and I am praying I don't have the same problem

You should be fine, I'm sure my issues are rare and mostly have to do with our customs and postal systems here. I ordered a smaller item from eLady and received it with no problems. And honestly I would order from eLady again. Good luck to you :smile:

So sorry gals for such hang ups....so NOT fair! We need our new babies home! I really hope that some insurance arrangement can take over this problem in the long haul. My update: I ordered from elady on the last day of July & just had the warmest welcoming today, package delivered & avoided excess dough to customs, I can wipe my forehead now. I only wish your next purchase will be free of any set backs and be enjoyed sooner, sorry again.

Last edited:
thenshesays, that sounds like a real mess you have there. I am sorry I do not have any suggestions for you.
Does the carrier know what is in the package? I was just wondering.

Hmm I am not sure really... I've had a package that's value more $ arrived last week. This package that is stuck in customs/lost is valued at $159.

Oh no =/ I was hoping that you would get better news than me :sad:

Good things doesn't come to those who wait in our case :rain:

I have also contacted my seller to initiate a trace to hopefully track my package as well.

Does your tracking shows "Orginal Post is Preparing Shipment" on top of the "Inbound to Customs"?

I am not worried about a refund as I know ebay/paypal has my back but I really want to locate the package and get the item.

BTW I've Sent you a PM :smile:

Good luck to you!

According to the tracking info, the last known location of my package was "in customs". According to the LAX customs database the last location was "inbound to customs" but never made it to customs. And no one seems to know where it is.

Elady has filed a claim/tracer with EMS, hopefully I'll get closure on this soon. Is it too much to ask for an early Christmas miracle on this one ;)

Just an update, eLady is working with EMS to investigate/trace the package. This may take a few weeks, until then they will not refund my payment. So I'm working through the paypal resolution center simultaneously and if the credit is not processed through the seller, hopefully paypal will be able to refund me since the package was never delivered. What a pain!

Just an update, eLady is working with EMS to investigate/trace the package. This may take a few weeks, until then they will not refund my payment. So I'm working through the paypal resolution center simultaneously and if the credit is not processed through the seller, hopefully paypal will be able to refund me since the package was never delivered. What a pain!

My update is that Ebay had closed the INR case in my favor on 8/16 and I had promptly received my refund.

Tracking for my package still updates the same "inbound to customs"

I am very sure this is not the norm but it does suck to have it happen to us...

Good luck to you!