Need advice - City in Papyrus and Gris Poivre

honeybunch

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi ladies,

I just have a few questions:

• Will the City with Giant Hardware be released in Gris Poivre?
  • If so, will the regular lambskin leather be avaible in this colour or just the new leather?
If the answer to the above is no, I am thinking of getting the City with Giant hardware in Papyrus as I want a grey bag for summer, but am yet to be convinced of this colour. I am concerned about the khaki undertones as I wanted a true a grey as possible.

• Is Papyrus very similar to Galet?
  • Which colour hardware would make Papyrus look more grey?
Many thanks in advance.

Papyrus will look more grey with GSH and there will be variation in the color from bag to bag.

Here are some pics of Galet with GSH which looks very much like Papyrus with GSH. The City and PT. My PT is more of a true grey than my City.

I have also included pics of Papyrus GGH City (my fave) and Papyrus RGGH Day.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• GaletCityDay1.jpg
    GaletCityDay1.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2,164
  • PapyGGH2A.jpg
    PapyGGH2A.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 2,342
  • p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,902
  • g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,951
Here's Galet Work SGH with Papyrus Work

gLET2006.jpg

gLET2004.jpg

Papyrus is more taupe/brown in it than Galet IMO

Sandy - Your papyrus looks lovely with GGH!!

I've been on the hunt for a true grey as well and have been waiting and waiting...
I have argent so i hate myself for not getting galet when it came out (as i look at the pics here!)
so i recently got papryus...and it does lean towards beigey/taupey grey but it is starting to grow on me and i find it easily matching all my outfits as i tend to wear alot of black and greys.

i find that gris poivre is even more taupey than papryus when compared side by side

sandysandiego - oh my goodness...your galet gsh :woot::nuts:

Magjes- i love your works!!!

Kawaii628 - so you think gris poivre is not as grey as Papyrus? I want the colour that's the most grey!

MAGJES and Sandysandiego - thank you so much for your pics. Your bags are truly gorgeous. Galet looks to be the truer grey but sadly I don't know if I'll ever be able to find it in the UK.

Sandysandiego - which is Galet and which is Papyrus out of your first and last pics?

The first and last are Galet!

And, I forgot one! Here is my Galet GGH PT

Kawaii628 - so you think gris poivre is not as grey as Papyrus? I want the colour that's the most grey!

MAGJES and Sandysandiego - thank you so much for your pics. Your bags are truly gorgeous. Galet looks to be the truer grey but sadly I don't know if I'll ever be able to find it in the UK.

Sandysandiego - which is Galet and which is Papyrus out of your first and last pics?

Attachments

• GaletDay1.jpg
    GaletDay1.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,814
So which would be the nicest hardware if I was going to get the Papyrus City? I love how the GSH cools the colour down, but I am usually a gold hardware girl. I already have the City in black with giant rose gold hardware so maybe I should go with the GH. But the RGH with the papyrus is stunning!

Here's the RGGH compared to GGH (even though there are different leathers)

Papyrus RGGH vs. Galet GGH

galet2002.jpg

galet2004.jpg

RGGH might tend to make a grey bag look more brown/beige/taupe.

MAGJES, thanks for the comparison pics of your beautiful bags. I agree that the rose gold makes the bag look more taupe. I am leaning towards GSH or GGH, for this reason. Also because my black city has rose gold hardware. Do you think the GGH would make the Papyrus look more taupe? I love gold hardware but I do want the bag to look as grey as possible, if that makes sense!

Hi, I have/had the three combos Galet GGH, Papyrus RGGH and Papyrus GGH and I think the GGH brings out more taupe in Papyrus than RGGH. I would say Galet is closest to a true grey imo, but its really hard to find this combo now.

I also actually wear a lot of grey clothing and I found it hard to match it with Papyrus, it goes a lot better with warmer grey tones and beiges but definitely not cool greys - it clashed and contrasted too much imo.

Here's a comparison of Galet GGH and Papyrus GGH, as you can see there are taupe undertones in Papyrus.
IMG_1787.jpg