need advice: can the blue suede croc muse II live in Canadian weather?

Aug 20, 2006
I am still on the search for my spring/summer bag.

I'm very close to purchasing the blue suede croc muse II.

I've been doing waaay too much research on this purse. I'm now worried about the porousness of the smooth leather. I will be pretty disturbed if the leather gets destroyed by rain (I usually try to keep plastic bags with me, but most of my bags hold up with at least a few drops/drizzle of rain).

Ladies.....should I wait to get a more durable summer bag....or go for the muse II. I do love it.

I need to make a decision by this evening.

any advice/help is appreciated!

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
I am in Canada and chose to risk Muse II (almond nubuck with tan leather flap). It is GORGEOUS, definitelly amazing and unique bag. I am deadly afraid of rain, because many ladies complained about Muse II in particular geting permanent water stains because of porous leather.

Not the best choice for toting around all the time, but as one of the most amazing bags you will own, for sure a winner

Aug 20, 2006
That's awesome to hear Vesna

Where do you like to tote your muse II? Do you mind the forcast as you decide your accessories for the day :smile:

I just hate the idea of being caught in a surprise storm and being too afraid for my purse. I suppose I'll just carry a plastic bag in the purse....and spray, spray, spray with protectant? (never done that with any of my purses...)

vesna

O.G.
Jan 18, 2008
That's awesome to hear Vesna

Where do you like to tote your muse II? Do you mind the forcast as you decide your accessories for the day :smile:

I just hate the idea of being caught in a surprise storm and being too afraid for my purse. I suppose I'll just carry a plastic bag in the purse....and spray, spray, spray with protectant? (never done that with any of my purses...)

well, I live in a real cold, so I actually carry my Muse II when it is really cold and that means dry with clean snow.....I love that, my Ugg boots are never wet and dirty, when it is white cold, everything is so clean ..that is when Muse II and ivory Rive Gauche go out....

as soon as forcast has to be watched, rain off and on, I take glazed, like patent bags...no risky business :biggrin:

I am glad you let it go, because it would be a pain...but they are so beautiful - Muses II

Jun 16, 2008
My suede muse survived not only winter in Canada but also winter in Moscow, and it was a cold snowy winter, i was paranoid of snow getting on it, but once it dried it was fine, still perfect and beautiful. it is one of my most beloved bags:smile: