Need advice about this unusual clothing piece

daisygrl

O.G.
May 4, 2013
What do you guys think of this Chanel sweatshirt(?) Is it too much? Too odd? It is a vintage authentic piece from the 80's. I was planning to wear it with simple black leggings. Any advice/opinion is appreciated!

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 379
i like it with all the Kenzo look around this can make a good flash back now that the logo sweatshirt is having its revival i do remember these items when Moschino and Dolce over did the logo and its very early karl i say get it and with black leather leggings and non platform high heels with a small bag it can make a cool statement.

To be honest, it depends how much you paid (or are going to pay) for it. If I saw it on the street I would assume it was one of those "inspired" pieces - like the "my other bag is a (designer line)" ones, you know? I wouldn't pay too much for it because it's still just a sweatshirt and I can't afford to buy things that aren't investments.

This being said though.. If you like it, go for it!!! It would look cute with anything - I can so imagine a pair of skinny black leather pants and bright trainers with them. 😊

To be honest, it depends how much you paid (or are going to pay) for it. If I saw it on the street I would assume it was one of those "inspired" pieces - like the "my other bag is a (designer line)" ones, you know? I wouldn't pay too much for it because it's still just a sweatshirt and I can't afford to buy things that aren't investments.

This being said though.. If you like it, go for it!!! It would look cute with anything - I can so imagine a pair of skinny black leather pants and bright trainers with them. 😊

This is exactly what I thought! That it looked like one of those "inspired" pieces and was worried it might look cheap or over the top. Thanks for your input!

I really kinda like it. Really retro. Takes me back to late 80's early 90's. Do you mind if I ask where you saw it. I assume it's a resale shop. What's the shop's name? They must have other cool retro things. Would love to take a look.

i like it with all the Kenzo look around this can make a good flash back now that the logo sweatshirt is having its revival i do remember these items when Moschino and Dolce over did the logo and its very early karl i say get it and with black leather leggings and non platform high heels with a small bag it can make a cool statement.

Good eye! I do remember their logos being rather "wild." I liked it on Moschino Cheap and Chic but not so much on Dolce. This top just seems a bit too "look at me, I am wearing Chanel." A bit also "fake-ish." But it is just a cute piece. :rolleyes: And, btw, I bought it. :smile:

I really kinda like it. Really retro. Takes me back to late 80's early 90's. Do you mind if I ask where you saw it. I assume it's a resale shop. What's the shop's name? They must have other cool retro things. Would love to take a look.

It is called Crossroads Trading Co. Yes, many times, they do have cool retro things - one just has to get lucky. I once bought there a new Furstenberg dress (retro-inspired) for $27, originally $345. (yes, real as well :smile: )