Need advice about damaged bag?

I bought the large chain around bag in November , A few days ago I took it out of the box and used it, then later that day I noticed one side of the flap is crooked and the sides are uneven and the sewing is off. I bought it from Hirsh and their exchange policy is 10 days and unworn. I feel it is unfair I paid so much for a bag and it is damaged . I feel like I threw a few thousand dollars down the drain. Is there anything I can do ? Can I take it back to the store and ask for a store credit ?

So you purchased a bag almost one year ago, and now you're just finding things wrong with it? Perhaps you can contact the Chanel 1-800 and ask them? I think it probably wouldn't be good faith as a customer to complain about things you just found eight months after purchase.

So you purchased a bag almost one year ago, and now you're just finding things wrong with it? Perhaps you can contact the Chanel 1-800 and ask them? I think it probably wouldn't be good faith as a customer to complain about things you just found eight months after purchase.
I just didn't noticed until I used it . i know better for next time though .

I bought the large chain around bag in November , A few days ago I took it out of the box and used it, then later that day I noticed one side of the flap is crooked and the sides are uneven and the sewing is off. I bought it from Hirsh and their exchange policy is 10 days and unworn. I feel it is unfair I paid so much for a bag and it is damaged . I feel like I threw a few thousand dollars down the drain. Is there anything I can do ? Can I take it back to the store and ask for a store credit ?

I have a mini where the flaps r a lil uneven and classic where the grommets r uneven... It's okay tho cuz I think I'm the only person that would notice it haha.

This^ Usually we notice things that others would never see.

Have I ever told (surely I have) my Hopi tribe story? We know many native Americans are known for amazing weaving and bead work. Well, the Hopi's purposely weave in odd color beads (say, a red in a row of ivory, etc.), because they think only the creator is perfect, and humans are not, thus nothing made by our hands can be made "perfectly," so they put in the things some might see as "flaws" but which they see as how the world should be. I like to think of this analogy in my life, and wish I did more often, as we are only mortal humans, and we truly do not have a "right" to perfection, as this is out of our hands. I do like to think of things such as you describe as giving material possessions "character." They are just part of the stories we weave when we have and use things.

I think this is a good lesson to you to take your things out and use them more often as well, when you get them. I'm a good one to talk this year with all of my moves and things packed, but once I'm settled I'm not going to pack things up again (ever!!!!!!!!!!!!). I hate the idea of my lovely things all boxed up. :sad: I know I may be in for a surprise or two, but I'm most worried about the exotics. I think the rest will be just fine. They do sit boxed up in stores for a while. At least I have them all (I think) safely inside out of the heat.

So think of your bag as another one of those things that life throws to us when we least expect it, and it's for us to find a way to incorporate them into our life and our hearts, just in a different way than we had planned. I know I'm doing a whole lot of things quite not as planned, but in the end things will be better. The same should work out with your bag. One side is just smiling at you sideways, and the stitching is a reminder that we are not perfect, and while we strive to do our best, we can never achieve perfection. That is for other beings. :smile:

Please do enjoy your lovely bag.

If it really bothers you, I would contact H and see what they can do or contact chanel directly and see if they can fix it for you because it is within 1 year at least.

Otherwise, please take take on board what everyone else has posted and enjoy your bag. Everything handmade is never perfect. I'm sure each bag will differ from another too. Machine made is what makes perfect replicas.

Good luck ❤️

Have I ever told (surely I have) my Hopi tribe story? We know many native Americans are known for amazing weaving and bead work. Well, the Hopi's purposely weave in odd color beads (say, a red in a row of ivory, etc.), because they think only the creator is perfect, and humans are not, thus nothing made by our hands can be made "perfectly," so they put in the things some might see as "flaws" but which they see as how the world should be. I like to think of this analogy in my life, and wish I did more often, as we are only mortal humans, and we truly do not have a "right" to perfection, as this is out of our hands. I do like to think of things such as you describe as giving material possessions "character." They are just part of the stories we weave when we have and use things.

I think this is a good lesson to you to take your things out and use them more often as well, when you get them. I'm a good one to talk this year with all of my moves and things packed, but once I'm settled I'm not going to pack things up again (ever!!!!!!!!!!!!). I hate the idea of my lovely things all boxed up. :sad: I know I may be in for a surprise or two, but I'm most worried about the exotics. I think the rest will be just fine. They do sit boxed up in stores for a while. At least I have them all (I think) safely inside out of the heat.

So think of your bag as another one of those things that life throws to us when we least expect it, and it's for us to find a way to incorporate them into our life and our hearts, just in a different way than we had planned. I know I'm doing a whole lot of things quite not as planned, but in the end things will be better. The same should work out with your bag. One side is just smiling at you sideways, and the stitching is a reminder that we are not perfect, and while we strive to do our best, we can never achieve perfection. That is for other beings. :smile:

Amazing thoughts there Tutu - I think we all need to use our lovely things more too & I plan to do the same. Sorting out some drawers for my closet so I can just open it and see my things (SLGS and such) and then be more inclined to use them. When they are tucked away we can forget they exist.
Love the Hopi Tribe thing - wow - great thoughts there.

I think what it seems to me is you had a bag sitting for months, and then you decided you didn't want it anymore and are looking for things wrong with it. Perhaps a lot of us have buyer's remorse, but call it what it is. Don't claim it's "damaged".

Tutu you have no idea how much these words helped me today, I'm going thru a terrible time in my life right now, and this has made me see my situation in a new light. Thank you !!

Wow! This is a fantastic way to look at everything. I love it.

I think what it seems to me is you had a bag sitting for months, and then you decided you didn't want it anymore and are looking for things wrong with it. Perhaps a lot of us have buyer's remorse, but call it what it is. Don't claim it's "damaged".
This is not true , but thanks for your opinion . This is a Purseforum no need to be so harsh and mean . Just wanted some advice.