Travel Need advice about carribean trip...

Nov 29, 2006
Hi all!
I am contemplating a family trip (4 adults, 2 small children 6 and 3 y/o) to the Carribean. Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice about where to go, where to stay... also, trip is planned for 4/13-4/18 - what's the weather like? Thanks!!!!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
personally..the only place i took kids and had a GREAT time was ATLANTIS in the Bahamas.
that place entertained the kids and also had everything for adults...i go there 2 times a year usually
personally,for adults only...I go to Aruba..THATS my fave adult spot

missbanff

Done here
O.G.
May 19, 2007
We went to Grand Cayman and stayed at the Marriot there- it was very kid friendly - it's not as nice as the Ritz or Westin down the street but still totally acceptable. On the island itself, I felt safe, too. The only downside is that it's very expensive to eat.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
You should have great weather in April :yes:

ITA that Grand Cayman is very family friendly. I absolutely love it there.. I'd move there right this second if I could :girlsigh:

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Across a pond
personally..the only place i took kids and had a GREAT time was ATLANTIS in the Bahamas.
that place entertained the kids and also had everything for adults...i go there 2 times a year usually
personally,for adults only...I go to Aruba..THATS my fave adult spot
I second that atlantis is absolutely great.

THe weathr should be perfect. =)

mpepe32

O.G.
Jan 20, 2009
ontario
I'm going to Aruba in a few months...it will be my 10th time going...absolutely great place for families..have gone with my parents when I was young and now I go with my hubby and parents!!! i'm going to stay at the riu for the 1st time. has anyone been to the riu in aruba??? any thoughts about this hotel? I was at a riu in cancun last year and it was fabulous

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
^I stayed the the Westin next door to RIU...The RUI was actually being built while I was there.One of my friends was there and LOVED IT!!!!!!
Im going to ARUBA in 3 weeks..with NO kids...hehe..And i personally LOVE LOVE LOVE the Renaissance Marina Hotel

mpepe32

O.G.
Jan 20, 2009
ontario
^I stayed the the Westin next door to RIU...The RUI was actually being built while I was there.One of my friends was there and LOVED IT!!!!!!
Im going to ARUBA in 3 weeks..with NO kids...hehe..And i personally LOVE LOVE LOVE the Renaissance Marina Hotel
Have a great vacation, is the renaissance the one located in town with access to a private island? I haven't been there for a while because we took a few trips to Italy but I'm sooo anxious to get back there, see what's new, see that beautiful water and do nothing but sun tan and shop!:yahoo: