Need advice about an auction I won recently (stupid, me)

lovekoobabags

Balified
O.G.
Jun 21, 2006
I was searching on the bay one afternoon and saw a bag that looked real and had a great price and I bought it now w/ instant payment. The price was great :sad:

Stupid me :sad:

When I went back to look the font was all wrong on the back of the inside tag. I am pretty good at spotting a fake but this one slipped right buy me.

I instantly filed a paypal dispute and asked the seller to refund me.

The seller is in a different country. She said the bag is authentic but would refund me. Then she said that PayPal froze her funds and to ask them for the money. seller never refunded me.

Today I get a message update that she shipped the bag? Three days later?

What can I expect from PayPal? Should I receive the bag now? Should I wait for her action?

She doesn't have to respond until 3/25 :sad:

I just want my refund so I can sleep better at night and now I'm so nervous

Thanks for your advice

Are you saying that you realized it was fake prior to her shipping it? Why did you file a dispute and just not request a refund?

The seller needs to issue the refund. Then she can let PP know she refunded and they'll release the hold on the funds.

As for why she shipped, I have no idea but she should recall the package!

Paypal is always on the buyer's side. be careful cause if the price is "too good to be true" it probably is...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
In reply to FFan: "don't buy designer anything from an Asian country" is offbase and grossly overgeneralized, if you don't want to recognize it as stereotyping. There are many trusted resellers in Asian countries--famously so.

Sorry for the OT here.

Why would you stereotype an entire part of the globe? This is flatly untrue.

I'm not stereotyping, I'm just saying don't trust it.

No offence, but I do think that came off as a generalised stereotypical comment aimed at the entire Asian population relating to the sale of replica designer items. Just because it's made from one country and sold by sellers doesn't mean there aren't sellers who sell authentic items. Just as there are many re-sell designer shops in Asia, there are also counterfeit sellers all over the world, such as sellers in Europe and in the US; street sellers all over the world are also notorious for selling replica designer goods. That's why everybody tells potential buyers to beware of items they're not 100% sure of its authenticity because even some sellers with high feedback on Ebay are unaware they are selling replica items

Paypal is always on the buyer's side. be careful cause if the price is "too good to be true" it probably is...Never buy a designer anything from an Asian country. Only 1 eBayer sells real designer items from an Asian country.

I'm not stereotyping, I'm just saying don't trust it.
Yes, you ARE stereotyping!

And although ebay and paypal are biased toward buyers, they are not always on the buyer's side.