Need a work bag recommendation!!

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi everyone,

I am really in need of a nice bag to go to work. I need something that is a bit structured and large enough to hold a binder plus some others.
    (Preferably able to hold a small laptop, but that's not an absolute must, since I can always use my Tumi for that). I also have a franklin covey red tote that i use to carry my laptop.

All my other purses are too small to bring to work. :sad:

I work in the medical field, and I go to hospitals to do presentation to educate them about new drugs etc. So I do need to look somewhat professional!

Please don't tell me to get a hermes because my husband may divorce me before I even get the bag! :hysteric:

Thanks!

2. Hi fayewolf, must the bag be a leather bag? What's your budget? Thanks.

3. i recommend Muse by YSL. It's such an "it" bag that looks sleek and professional. If you prefer big bag, oversize muse is perfect for you. It has a classic look so you don't have to be worried that i will go out of style. I'm considering buying one too.

4. Yeah, I prefer leather, and I'm hoping it will cost less than $1000

5. i would recommend chloe edith in big size... it can fit my 12" laptop, but it's harder to fit a 15" along with the laptop cover :P
    it's leather adn it's professional enough, and u can put the handle in your shoulder cause laptop is heavy...

6. Have you considered a Mulberry Bayswater? They are pretty large and the leather is really beautiful. It's a classic bag and, even though it's kind of heavy, it's perfect for work IMO.

7. I know, I am so mad because someone from MUA (makeupalley) found a chocolate bayswater at Marshalls for ... get this,

$144!!!!

8. what?! at Marshalls?! lucky her! such a great deal!

9. I bought a Louis Vuitton Damier Chelsea for work. It is large enough to fit my folders and junks, hehehe. The main thing is that the Damier pattern doesn't scream out EXPENSIVE LV. I love it because I don't have to worry about the leather patina or the vinyl scratching. It's worth every $$$$.

10. ^^^if I had the money right now I would probably get a damier. Randoms won't think you're pretentious, while those "in the know" will think it's stylish. The colors are so nice and neutral to go w/ everythig. Plus, I like that they're not really leather, but canvas:smile:

11. I'm in the medical field as well, and I normally have been using Coach or LV totes for my documents, but am planning on getting a Balenciaga City or Work for fall - I'd consider checking those out. Great sizes and colors, and their leather is very light.

I was also considering the Mulberry, but I have heard it's quite heavy. I think the YSL Muse is a bit too mature looking for me (I'm in my late 20's), but it's a gorgeous bag and definitely of the moment.

12. Marc Jacobs Stella
    YSL Muse

13. I made my decision!! totally getting a baleciaga Work!! I found it in Ink and thats gonna be my new baby, and i will ban myself for a long time before i am allow to get another one. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice