Need a wallet/clutch to go along with...

zjones

Apr 30, 2016
My new Nomad I ordered from the outlet! I didn't know they could look up particular styles in their system and see if they're available to order at the outlet price. So I've got a saddle brown burnished leather Nomad crossbody on its way to me -- but I need a wallet to go with! Do any of you have suggestions? It can be from either the men's or women's collections.

My new Nomad I ordered from the outlet! I didn't know they could look up particular styles in their system and see if they're available to order at the outlet price. So I've got a saddle brown burnished leather Nomad crossbody on its way to me -- but I need a wallet to go with! Do any of you have suggestions? It can be from either the men's or women's collections.

What color hardware does the bag have and what is the color of the lining? Is it the full size Nomad or a smaller version, do you have the style number?

What color hardware does the bag have and what is the color of the lining? Is it the full size Nomad or a smaller version, do you have the style number?
Isn't the crossbody the smaller one? I thought hobo is large crossbody is small and satchel is the one with the top handle but am usually wrong lol in my teach myself coach!!!!

Isn't the crossbody the smaller one? I thought hobo is large crossbody is small and satchel is the one with the top handle but am usually wrong lol in my teach myself coach!!!!
You are correct but all those also come with the crossbody strap so technically a person can say they are all crossbody. If you ask my husband, he'll say there is no difference, all look the same to him ......:smile:

Reactions: elvisfan4life
Apologies for the late reply! 54868, saddle brown, silver hardware, "smaller" of the Nomads.

Here is the drill-down pic, very pretty! Maybe a slim envelope wallet for this size bag?

I like accordion and larger wallets and they fit inside my full-size nomads without any problem but they take a lot of room, so I put them in the bag vertically. That saves room and the wallet is easy to get at.

Attachments

• 54868_svsd_a0.jpg
    54868_svsd_a0.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 323
Woo hoo! Congrats on your new bag- that burnished saddle is a great color. So my thought is go with a small to medium wallet. I find that when I use a slim envelope or accordion wallet with a bag the size of your Nomad I do not have enough room in my bag for much else. Here are my picks-

1. Small Trifold Wallet in Vermillion. I have this in Neon Pink & let me tell ya, for a small wallet it holds a lot! I have all of my Credit Cards and other random cards I need & it holds cash and coins without being bulky. I think the Vermillion would look really good next to the rich brown of the Saddle. Also it is on the "final call" list for this month so you could possibly find it for a discount soon.
IMG_1491658224.464108.jpg
2. Medium Zip Around with Ombré Rivets- shown here in Deep Coral. This wallet is still compact but I hear it holds everything you need. The pebbled Leather is also very nice on these wallets & it should hold up well. The Rivets give it some pizzazz, and who doesn't like that? Lol
IMG_1491658418.435161.jpg
3. A fun wallet! Medium double flap in yankee floral. This wallet will still hold a lot and it's fairly compact IIRC. I think the yankee floral would look good with the saddle, and it would be fun to look in your bag to see it. Also the inside is red & I just really love Red and Brown together.
IMG_1491658535.577475.jpgIMG_1491658545.399528.jpg

Can't wait to see what you pick [emoji3]

I might actually wait and see how much the 1941 trifold goes for assuming it ends up in the SAS -- I've been eyeing one of those but they're *so* pricey. I do like your other choices as well. We'll have to see!

Reactions: katev
I might actually wait and see how much the 1941 trifold goes for assuming it ends up in the SAS -- I've been eyeing one of those but they're *so* pricey. I do like your other choices as well. We'll have to see!

Definitely! They usually take 20-30% off in the beginning of the SAS, so you could probably get it for a decent price. I purchased mine in February and have been using it nonstop. The Leather is so nice on it.

I saw a woman carrying the burnished saddle nomad at the dry cleaners the other day and I thought that it was absolutely beautiful, good choice!

I believe that the trim and lining are oxblood (or burgundy) very chic! I love Nomads!

Last edited:
My new Nomad I ordered from the outlet! I didn't know they could look up particular styles in their system and see if they're available to order at the outlet price...

Are you saying that you did a charge send to your outlet? I only did that one time, many years ago and haven't tried again. What was the process for your bag? Will it come to your house or will you pick it up at the outlet? Was there a fee for the service?

Did you get it at a good price, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't think it was a charge/send specifically. They looked the style up in the computer, putting the F in front of it, and were able to see if any of the colors were "on sale" at the outlet price. The pebbled Chelsea in saddle, for example, was on sale for $90 as opposed to the full retail of $225, which some colors were.

The bag ended up costing $158 plus $10 shipping and tax, totaling about $175. Much better than the $395 retail!