Need a swanky LITTLE bag......

1. So this is what happened tonight......

We're going out to dinner and we're walking. Semi casual/pumped up a notch from everyday jeans. What this means to Shopmom is a PRESSED pair of jeans, FITTED black sweater, POLISHED black shoes and a jacket with an Hermes scarf tossed willy-nilly around the neck. :rolleyes: It also means that I need to grab a small purse for just a set of housekeys, the cell phone and a tube of lipstick. No biggy you think. S'Mom's GOTTA have a little something!

Nooooooooooooooo!

Until tonight, I thought I had it pretty much all covered. BUT! I do NOT have that up-one-notch-from-basic-day-wear, going-out-to-dinner-but-not-fancy little bag that only fits the keys, cell & lipstick tube.

Basically, what I'm asking is.....what bag would you recommend thats small enough to hold about 3-4 small things and STILL look swanky????? :shrugs:

2. Shopmom - H or non-H?

In the non-H category I have a powder blue snakeskin bag from tods. It's called a Venghe Sera Micro. Don't think it's in production anymore though. It's ideal as it doesn't look too done up.

In the H category - how about a TPM Evelyn. They look so precious.... I'd love to get one after all my basic H needs are met.

3. H category, Wong.....I thought initially of the Karo but I don't know....I didn't really like the one I saw last week in SF. Too soft and sqwooshy. I'd like something with structure that I could just grab, throw a few little items in and go looking somewhat stylish. You know?

4. Kelly JPG clutch? Constance?

5. Yeah Karo doesn't do anything for me either. Too amorphous.

I like Amkur's suggestion of the Constance, but do they do a tiny one? That could go either casual or gussied up.

6. Whoa! A tiny Constance! Maybe that would do the trick because it also has the shoulder strap!!!

7. like this? (pic from an old eBay auction by "bluemanxantiques" -- can't remember her tPF handle, though)

[​IMG]

8. Cute, although I wonder if it is a bit too small!?

Personally, I would love one of the bottega veneta clutches.

BOTTEGA VENETA

9. :death:What is this heresy I hear, you don't like the Karo as a clutch!!:smash:
    Actually, in epsom, it holds its shape quite well. Chevre is smooshy to the extreme, indeed (the PM is better in size for a clutch as it can get stuffed quickly).

I agree that a Constance would be better if you like a strap to free up your hands. Perhaps a Pochette Clou (it's a clutch with a metal "clou sellier" as closure). Otherwise, I'd say H has a distinct lack of small clutches.

Or... a mini Plume Elan?

10. No wallet? Just keys, phone and a lipstick?
    A croc Jige!

11. what about the Jige Elan???
    black box should look terrific and you can wear it with every outfit!!!!

12. a small constance would be perfect!
    but not the one in post#8, that's way too small.

13. or perhaps, a mini kelly?
    the 20cm one???

14. d - didn't you just get a kelly clutch? or maybe i'm hallucinating.. ok it's off to bed i go!

15. What you need is a kelly pouchtte in exotic :yahoo: :nuts: :yahoo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice