Need a stunning dress for a wedding

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've got a family wedding coming up that's going to be very sophisticated. I've been through a very tough time last year when I had a huge health issue that I managed to overcome and have also managed to lose a lot of weight, so I really need something with a WOW factor! I'm 5'7, size 6 and will spring to a budget of up to $300.

I need some inspiration - please help me!

2. how old are you? long or short dress? any colour preferences?

3. Thanks for the congrats! :biggrin:

I love BCBG too - I turned up a lot of dresses from last year in my hunt. That dress is lovely (with a lovely price tag too) but unfortunately I can't wear black to a wedding in my family - my cousin did it a couple of years ago, and we're still all hearing about it....may pick up this dress for another occasion

I'm sorry - I should have posted more details. It's a summer wedding so I'd prefer something sleeveless/strapless and I have no preference over length. I have dark hair and olive skin, so I like most colors. I'm also 5'8 and have curves!

The wedding is at a very formal venue, so the dress needs to match. Here is my current favorite from my online search - I like it, but don't LOVE it, if you get what I mean (I'm not sure if it's too bridesmaidish?) I'm hoping to fall in love with dress soon!

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=467253&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

4. Oh what about this then? Looks formal and what a great price!

http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3696103&cp=2939729.3126135&page=3&parentPage=family

5. Cache has a decent selection of evening dresses