Need a product reccomendation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What should I use to clean the handles on my Ruby City? I want to remove some darkness but don't want to harm the color

2. I don't think a product will remove the darkness but I noticed you are in NYC. Lovinmybags is in upstate NY and they do a fantastic job of cleaning handles. Their specialty is Balenciaga. Vist their webiste lovinmybags.com for a list of services and prices.

3. I personally avoid DIY cleaning because most of my bags are bright and vibrant-colored (a lotta reds!) so I worry about the product changing the color. I would try getting it professionally done -- LMB has refurbished/cleaned a lot of bags and there are lots of threads here on PFers' experiences with them so maybe give them a try? I heard Jeeves does a good cleaning job as well, but I don't know that much about them.

4. i tried baby wipes, apple garde leather conditioner, LMB luxury cleanser and cornstarch + baby shampoo combo. cornstarch + baby shampoo was the most effective in lightening the handles (do a search to find out more), the rest didnt work at all. the handles still do not look as good as new though... i think your best bet will be LMB.. :smile: