Need a new great black leather bag - OPINIONS PLEASE!! :)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey girls... I need a new black bag, leather, medium sized. Not Balenciaga or Prada - want to try something new. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Givenchy Nightingale bag but haven't seen it in real life. Might go after work and check her out but does anybody have a new black bag they love that isn't too crazy in price I would love something under $1500 but designer. Thanks!!!

Pictures are really appreciated! Have a great weekend!!!

2. anyone???

3. YSL muse? Or YSL Easy? They are both super cute. And the price is good, esp for the easy.

I love the Giv nightingale bag, too. But the price was just too high to justify.

4. #4 Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

5. i like the ysl easy idea as well... just got one, and i love it! it fits on the shoulder and holds a ton.

6. Oooo, do you have modeling pics, thithi! ;)

7. Ysl.

8. I have to agree with everyone on here. YSL, and I just got the YSL black patent muse in large (had the ivory, non-patent and never use it, because of fear of getting it dirty). I have used the black-patent muse non-stop, especially because since the day I got it, bc it was pouring in southern california, very rare, I know, but it was and now it has been raining about once a week, and it has held up so well. Only thing, for me it is a bit heavy, but I love it! If you decide it is too heavy, try the YSL black-patent downtown, I find it to be lighter. You can see Muse or Downtown photos in the YSL Reference Library. GL and let us know what you get.

9. Thank you! EXACTLY how I feel. The Nightingale is so expensive! Thanks for the suggestions! Off to google for pics! :smile:

10. Thank you! I'm in Los Angeles so I understand about the rain! Appreciate the feed back :smile:

11. Marc Jacobs?

12. Always glad to help, bagaddict!! :P Pls keep us updated as to what bag you end up getting!

13. I agree with YSL, I'm not big on paying big $$$$ for black bags. I got a YSL Tribute last year when they went on sale. It's a very nice bag. A medium BV Veneta is also a thought.

14. Have you considered Bottega Veneta? They make a Cervo bag. It's made of deerskin leather that feels soft like velvet! It's drapey and beautiful and strong! Check it out! $1300!

15. My favorite black bag right now is my black crash Belen Echandia Make Me Smile midi. The black crash is a great all-weather leather, though you can't get it on the site right now.

The YSL Muse or Downtown also look good.