Need a mommy bag for a family trip to Disney World...suggestions?

LoveOfBagz

Jan 7, 2011
Hello Lovely ladies and gents. I am looking for a shoulder bag to take on a family vacation to Disney World. I have 2 and 5 year old girls so I will be carrying wipes, extra pull ups for the 2 year old, some snacks, hand sanitizer, you know...kids stuff, plus my zippy wallet and cosmetics pouch and phone. I currently have 2 neverfull MMs, but would prefer a bag that zips. Too often, I will make a sharp turn while driving and my neverfull will fall over, dumping things out. I am leaning toward the Westminster GM. However, there is a wealth of knowledge here at TPF, so I am asking ou all for suggestions. Also, I am not into crossbody bags. Thanks in advance.

Palermo GM! I go to Disneyland all the time with my 5 boys and the Palermo is a life saver! You can wear it on your shoulder or cross body which I prefer. Have fun at Disney World!

I vote for Evora too, it's worry free due to damier, though I don't know how heavy it is. You might also consider the Bloomsbury GM which is a very lightweight bag. I have the pm and just love how I can have my hands free.

Heading to Disney tomorrow and not bringing my LV. My kids are 8 & 5 who loves rides so I am wearing my lululemon travel pooch & hubby is bringing a backpack. I figure that with all the rides we go, I don't want to worry about watermarks or dirt on my beloved LVs.

In 2010, I just brought a small diaper bag that I can leave in the stroller with all the stuffs: wipes, extra clothes not worrying about someone taking an interest on it.

Thanks for the suggestion! I had not even thought of the Evora. Is it heavy?

Not heavy at all! You can wear it on your shoulder, and when you get tired, you can carry it hand held - and vise versa. That is one of the many reasons why I love my Evora MM. I also purchased a long strap so I can wear it cross body. Another nice thing about it is, it is soft and smooshy. It holds tons! But when I don't have too much stuff, it still keeps a nice shape. I have filled it to the brim and it expands quite a lot. Perfect for your mommy needs.

Hmmmm. are you going to take a stroller? If so, I would take a SMALL LV to carry with you, and then a non-designer bag to hold wipes etc.. that could be left safely in a stroller.
I've been to Disney several times with the kiddos, and the problem with a larger tote bag, is that you can't take it on rides. We would park the stroller in stroller parking, and sometimes leave it there for hours while we went on rides. And my kids were very small when we were there..not big rides, just things like Teacups and Small World etc...
I've also been caught in freak rainstorms, squished into dirty ride cars etc...
I would maybe take a Bloomsbury or something small with no vachetta for my small things that can't be left in the stroller.
I do always see a lot of women with LV at Disney..but personally, when I go I want to have fun, and not have to worry about vachetta or having to carry a big tote with me everywhere and not be able to just throw it in the stroller and hop on a ride. :smile: