Need a little sympathy

tabbyco

Shh....
O.G.
Jun 5, 2006
:sad: I have had quite possibly the worst day ever!!! This is how it started...

10 am Running with the dog, when we pass another dog walker. My dog (that little darling in the avatar, but now 50+ lbs) keeps looking back at the dog and she runs in the back of my legs and trips me. I go ass over tea kettle and do a what I can only imagine is the ugliest skid on the pavement ever. The sweet contractor that had a front row show to my awesome stunt spectacular stopped to see if I was ok. I had some bad road rash, but I was so proud that I managed to hold on her leash that I just kept on running.

11:30 am Go to Target for some x-mas shopping. Car dies in the parking lot. The irony... I had purchased jumper cables for my sister!!! AND I DIDN'T HAVE ANY! :yahoo: Ok, not so bad. Sweet lady offers to jump me, but it doesn't work. That's ok, I've got AAA. He gets me started and I'm off to go buy a new battery for the car (this is the second time my car has died).

1:45 pm Get to Advance Auto parts and they don't carry my battery (keep in mine that I can't turn my car off, b/c I wouldn't be able to restart it, so I am so worried everytime I walk into the store that it will get stolen).

1:50 pm Go to another autoparts store and I am in luck! They have the battery and send me to mechanic to install.

2:00 pm Mechanic takes a look at the battery, and nope, its not the right one... but all is not lost they have the correct one. They install new one and try to start car... nope , car won't start. Check the old battery, its fine. Must leave the car there.

2:45 pm Mother picks me up to drop me off at home and tells me she was at the Dr. in the morning and they found a tennis ball size tumor in her uterus. They did a biopsy and will not know for a few days. She assumes it is cancerous due to our families history. :crybaby:

3:00 pm Mechanic calls and the starter must be replaced, there goes $500. Merry Christmas to me....

4:00 pm Check my ebay listing to watch the last half hour of my 10 day auction, only to find out they have canceled it b/c I used the phrase "Like New" in my title and apparently that is a no,no. I had over 30 people watching it!!!!!!!!!

I know things could be worse, and I am so blessed that I have a place to rest my wierry head, but today was just a little more than I can take.

Thanks guys, I needed to get that off my chest. Now go call your mother and tell her how much you love her :love: .

Oh, tabbyco--what a day. You must be physically and emotionally exhausted. what's that phrase--when it rains, it pours? I hope your mother will be fine, and that things start going better for you. Very cute dog, btw.

oh gosh, that is a terrible day, just remember.. that tomorrow is a totally new day, and that its a fresh start, so put all your troubles behind you and go at tomorrow with a positive and energetic look!! *I hope your mom is ok! My moms beeen through cancer also, so im here if you need any extra support! You and your mom are in my prayers, fingers crossed that everything is ok! goodluck!

You guys are the BEST!!! I knew I could count on you for a pick me up!

I am done with my pity party and on to making a yummy dinner.

Thanks again for your support!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow will be better.