Need a little sympathy....

wow that sucks ...atleats you have your baby again =).. I never let any of my friends borrow my things..I take really good care of my things,and I dont want to lose them =)

melisande said:
Wow. That friend definitely owed you for the bag. If I had lost somebody else's bag I would feel guilty until I had 'fixed' things, and replaced it (and preferably with the exact same bag I had lost).

ditto

at the very least, help pay for the newer one

Just be happy you were able to find the bag at any price. Some of the bags we hunt for cannot be found again. your friend may not have realized how much you spend on your bags or I'm sure she would have made an attempt to pay you something. I'm glad someone did'nt charge up a storm on her cc. and just hope that someone is using that beautiful bag instead of sitting at the bottom of a garbage bin.

Congrats on finding a replacement. Hard way to learn not to share your beloved treasures. There are some things that you can share and with certain people that you can share with--but that doesn't mean you must ALWAYS share...

Wow, I too would have been upset. You were a nice friend to loan her the bag. Although it cost you a lot of money I'm glad you were able to replace it. Hold onto this one ...

Thanks everyone for your much needed sympathy!!! I never even thought of the possibility of my bag being in the bottom of a trash can......the horror!!! I didn't insist on any reimbursement, as even though it would be the proper thing to do....I am a bit more well-off than she is.(not saying that to show off!),and it is easier for me to buy another bag than for her too. Anyway, I have enjoyed all your thoughts as not one of my friends love their bags the way I do, and basically told me to "get over it"!

:evil: I'm sorry is this sounds bad- But if she was with manners- she would offer to pay you at least half of the 600. I mean come'on any of my friends would do that...