Need a lil help or advice....

There is always this debate between gemtac or E6000 both are okay to be when it's about glitter but E6000 seems to be more eficient regarding strass/crystals.

Havin said that, the main issue about flats is that they get more wear than heels. I mean, the well bend much more, and some glitter/crystal placement might suffer of it. Yet, glitter is the fastest and easiest way to give a new life to your shoes. I'm quite curious to know how it would work with patent as I have some Yoyo 85 of mine I would like to decorate

regards

they will*

Ok maybe you can assist me or point me in the right direction... Trying to make sure this color glitter will be ok....

Here's the shoe up close
79bfd485.jpg

Here's the glitter and shoe
c1f5b7e0.jpg

Here's the glitter
ebbeea20.jpg

What do you think????? Think this will work??? And it's just course glitter, no fine glitter too is that ok??

Can't wait to see your results I have some patent Ron rons that need some life injected into them with glitter too!

Ok, here it goes......

With much assistance from Vodkaine and the wonderful DIY forum......

This is what they looked like from the beginning....I purchased them for $150 from a bonanza seller, that started strassing them then changed her mind and removed them, thus leaving them a wreck!!

Shoe damage:
f54c974e.jpg

I decided to glitter them using Martha Stewart's Rose Quartz, GemTac and a 1 inch flat brush....

Heres the shoe and glitter:
c1f5b7e0.jpg

Close up of glitter:
ebbeea20.jpg

So I began my DIY today, heres my set up:
439e5481.jpg

Found out best way to do this messy job is to start from the front, then work the sides, then the back, while doing thisI am holding onto the heel to turn the shoe:
05eaf7dd.jpg

Here is the shoe done, just waiting to get the heel....I realized that taping off the shoe (along sides and inside) worked better for me, just in case of a ooops and it was easier to clean up with it...
33c82d70.jpg

While moving along I knock off as much excessive glitter as I can, to minimize glitter coming off later.. Here are both the girls:
91fa39b3.jpg

I waited 1 hour for them to dry them strayed them with hairspray, then let them dry for about another hour...knocked off some more excess glitter,hen cleaned up my glitterfied bathroom!!! lol

Here is the final product:
b343aaae.jpg

ba00a00b.jpg

What do you think ladies????

Need some advice as well on a pair of defective shoes I've been waiting for for a while. So I ordered the simple 100 Nude Patent Pumps from Saks.com which were on backorder. Once they arrived (early March) I had the rubber soles put on them b/c I knew I'd need them since I planned to wear them frequently. Well, somehow I haven't had a chance to wear them yet (either rain or something else). Anyway, I made sure to check after picking them up from the shoe repair that they didn't mess anything up and they were fine. So I pulled them out of the box this past weekend to finally wear them and then I noticed that the patent was coming off! What the heck?! The only thing I can think of is maybe some humidity in the room from this hot summer snuck in, but it really baffles me. I'm planning on going to the Saks here in NYC to ask if they can exchange or return them but am afraid they won't help b/c they're not always the most helpful and b/c I've already had the the soles put on. Any advice or anyone happen to know a good Sales Associate/Manager in the NYC Saks store I can contact?

thanks for any and all tips!

Need some advice as well on a pair of defective shoes I've been waiting for for a while. So I ordered the simple 100 Nude Patent Pumps from Saks.com which were on backorder. Once they arrived (early March) I had the rubber soles put on them b/c I knew I'd need them since I planned to wear them frequently. Well, somehow I haven't had a chance to wear them yet (either rain or something else). Anyway, I made sure to check after picking them up from the shoe repair that they didn't mess anything up and they were fine. So I pulled them out of the box this past weekend to finally wear them and then I noticed that the patent was coming off! What the heck?! The only thing I can think of is maybe some humidity in the room from this hot summer snuck in, but it really baffles me. I'm planning on going to the Saks here in NYC to ask if they can exchange or return them but am afraid they won't help b/c they're not always the most helpful and b/c I've already had the the soles put on. Any advice or anyone happen to know a good Sales Associate/Manager in the NYC Saks store I can contact?

thanks for any and all tips!

You should start a whole new thread ;)