Need a great easy slouchy messenger bag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
    Something like this perhaps but not an actual buckle closure:

http://vuitton.com/web/flash/index.jsp;jsessionid=GQFTWBMSGQB3ACRBXUCFAFIKEG4RAUPU?buy=1&langue=en_US&direct1=home_entry_us

ETA: can't get the link to the exact bag but it's the Trotteur Soana in the Men's section for anyone who is familar. Sorry.

I'd love to get my hands on something where the price doesn't cause me to fall over. Prefer leather.

I dig the slouchiness of this bag, need something ease to get in and out of since I have my 16mo w/ me and it needs to hug my body. My pet peeve is when a bag is constantly bouncing off my leg/hip, etc. ;)

TIA

I'm looking into LP Dylan Double Pocket messenger but it's sold out. :sad:

2. hi alouette have you ever consider this bag...this one is mine, but you can probably get your own at NORDSTROM or SAKS, hee hee...it's a messenger /tote/shoulder. it comes with 2 straps, but i usually just use it as a messenger or a tote and my laptop fits in it...it has lots and lots of pocket...it even fits my huge laptop battery... oh yeah, its a LOCKHEART ZIP DETAIL CONVERTABLE CROSS BODY - mine is red, but they have other colors and fabric types...it's sits nicely on my bum, it really works with the shape of my behind, hehe -------------goodluck!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Thx for the great pics!! Looks great on you and so slouchy! Might be a tad too bulky and a little too big for what I need though. I'm still looking for some other suggestions though!

4. Cole Haan makes a lot of reasonably priced messenger bags for men that you could probably repurpose. Not knowing your price range, I'd also suggest a Not Rational diaper bag bought during one of their VIP sales.

I recommend a horizontal bag rather than a vertical one b/c you don't want to be digging through a pile of stuff to find whatever you need. IMO an E/W messenger bag is much more convenient for organization purposes.

5. i just gave my new dylan pocket messenger to my best friend! it looked better on her than me...prada has a couple of really nice messenger bags...take a look at saks and neimans!

6. Awww, that's the one I'm looking for..lol! I did score a LP Dylan messenger bag...the one w/o the side by side pockets. It has two zipper pockets on the front. Hopefully it'll work. It's smooshy and conforms to the body really well..thx to all for great suggestions!