Need a Barcelona Proof Handbag!!

terri w

Dec 20, 2016
Hello. Not sure where this topic fits in, but will try here. We are off to Barcelona soon and have read all the stories about pickpockets.

Can anyone suggest a bag that might be pickpocket proof!? Cross body with buckles if possible. Had a look around on the web but getting confused now. Thanks.

I am from the UK.

remainsilly

bye-bye
Aug 15, 2014
I always travel with a pacsafe crossbody bag.
Man in my life visited Barcelona/Spain using a frye messenger bag.

My experience is that moneybelts more than pay for themselves.
And pickpockets can have the meager change I carry in crappy-cheap daily wallet.

Neither one of us has been pickpocketed. Anywhere in world.

Have a good trip.

redgreenblue

Aug 4, 2013
I traveled Barcelona with a crossbody Gucci camera bag. Just make use of the hotel safe, don't carry too much money with you and relax.

You need hands free for the tapas.

Rani

O.G.
Mar 5, 2008
When I went to Barcelona I took a Longchamp le Pliage and Kipling crossbody. The Kipling crossbody worked out great, it was roomy, light to carry and has lots of pockets for organisation.

morejunkny

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
I like to carry a small black non-descript crossbody and wear it with the flap facing in towards me, under my coat or sweater. I also bring a copy of my passport and keep that separate from the original, just in case.

terri w

Dec 20, 2016
Thank you everyone for your comments. I have ordered a cross body, slim bag with adjustable straps. I will wear it under my jacket to make it safer.
Will feel naked without my normal bags but better safe than sorry.

Thank you again. Appreciate it.

Julija

O.G.
Jul 16, 2010
I live in Barcelona and it is a very safe city. All the pickpocketers are in the crowded touristy area where the fake goods are sold. As long as you are careful, i mean you don't hang your bag at the back of your chair in the restaurants, don't buy fake goods showing your wallet full of money etc, you are good to use any bag. I use all my bags like Bal, Gucci, Stella mccartney on a daily basis and never had a problem .

Reactions: Susimoo

vinotastic

Oct 23, 2015
Grapetown
I have been to Barcelona before and am returning this spring. As any city, just practice good judgement and you will be fine. As long as you have something that closes or zips and you are keeping your items near your body, there is nothing to worry about.

terri w

Dec 20, 2016
Thank you to everyone for your comments. I have bought a cross body bag that fits under my jacket. Excited about going now!!