Need a bag to fold in carry on luggage - Neverfull?

helene20

Feb 12, 2012
When I got on a trip I always bring a bag that I fold in my carry on and use it coming back because I usually buy a lot during my trips.

I was looking at the Neverfull GM Damier at LV store and did not really fall in love with it.

What would you buy?

A- Neverfull GM
B- Another LV Bag
C- Longchamp pliage
D- another bag, if so which one?

I would stray away from NF damier just because I've read threads about its quality. Longchamp bags are definitely packing friendly, but I'd stick with LV! All of them (except Alma) fold nicely because they are often boxed up folded. A NF is very flexible--I'd get mono. The odeon pm is also a good everyday bag! That's if you like mono. If you like de, Bloomsbury is a good crossbody option :smile:

I have the Neverfull GM in DE and I really love that bag, I am traveling soon and I will use her as a carry on! If you did not like the DE print, maybe you will like the Azur or Monogram? :smile:
If you are comfortable with a handheld bag, maybe a speedy 40? That bag can also be folded flat.. Maybe also the Delightful or Totally

Longchamp bags fold so nicely for travel. I'm a little bit of a germaphobe when it comes to putting my purses on the floor, especially planes so I won't lety lvs touch the ground. So it's nice to have a bag like longchamp that I can wipe off! I know, I'm weird!!

Longchamp bags fold so nicely for travel. I'm a little bit of a germaphobe when it comes to putting my purses on the floor, especially planes so I won't lety lvs touch the ground. So it's nice to have a bag like longchamp that I can wipe off! I know, I'm weird!!

Thanks I am germaphobe as well.

BiscuitBlu said:
D.

Goyard St. Louis GM. It's will definitely pack and it holds a bunch!

Love the ST. Louis - ie the bag the LV copied! I'm so mad at myself that I did get one last time I was in NY and Bergdorf doesn't do online sales.

But I would not pack a designer bag. In Frankfurt on 1/1/13 my bag was searched and swabbed. I went to a luggage shop last year because I did this in Portland, Oregon with the tax free shopping - I literally had to buy a bag. I purchased a bag that packs to the size of a football but opens up to the size of 22 inch piece of luggage and is guaranteed for life. I'd say go to luggage shop and invest in luggage and save the designer bags for daily use.

I recently got a longchamp and I LOVE it. Seriously LOVE it. I was debating between this and the neverful but in the end the longchamp won. It's amazing how much you can fill it with and it seems like it never gets heavy because the straps are so comfortable. I like the fact that it has a zipper and that you can also fold it up when you are done. I'd highly recommend it.

Longchamp bags are fantastic. For a bag you just want to fold and keep in your hand luggage I would highly recommend a Le Pliage. They hold lots yet fold up to a tiny size! I wouldn't recommend folding an Ebene Neverfull. They crack and peel under normal use never mind when being folded up and packed into a suitcase.

Thanks! I am not crazy about the Neverfull mono so far. Bloomsbury is too small to bring back lot's of clothes :smile:

Anyone bought a Longchamp?

As much as I love LV, nothing compares to a Longchamp le pliage for travel. I took one, folded up, in my luggage on a cruise. It took up no room. Yet, after I bought a ton of stuff, I was able to pack it to the gills. I also used it as my beach bag when I went on excursions. It's so versatile. No matter how much I put inside, it doesn't feel heavy, hurt my shoulder or slip off my shoulder. I didn't understand the hype before I bought one, but they're amazing. I now have 6! :smile: