Need a bag for outings

lvmomof4

Aug 29, 2008
I need something like a backpack/messenger/etc. Myhusband, I, and our 4 kids (age 7,6,4,3) frequently go do these excursions that involve being gone for a while from home, but too tedious to carry my BH. My Speedy is cumbersome and my mini looping is my go to bag for dates and small outings. I really need something larger, but more convenient than my BH. ??? Help! These outings are things like Magic Mountain, Disneyland, (Today was the Christmas Tree Train and I brought my ML. By the end of the day, I had added to my purse: a hat, an ear muff, a plastic gun and holster, a stuffed small toy, and a couple others.) I would like something that is small, lightweight, backpack or sling across the body. I'm not opposed to something other than LV. It's just my favorite! Please help!!!

I ws always in hunt for something like u mentioned...outing with kids (5 & 2 1/2) and I bought montsouri backpack, (sp) messenger, odeon mm .... Non of them really worked well with any of my trips to theme parks (Disney, universal, chucky cheese, zoo, u know..) since I end up carrying everyone's everything plus extra clothes and my whole life in it... My very last trip to magic kingdom few weeks ago on my dd's 5th birthday, took my roses NF and it was AWESOME!!!

And on top of that, some of the dark rides have backlight inside and my bag was glowing in the dark! I was more excited than my kids! lol

Backpack is real pain when u're holding your little one's hands and trying to open and close it..then u have to worry about things falling out when it's half open... Pain to get your phone or wallet out...
Messenger bags are kinda handy, if u didn't have to carry everything in it, then u add water bottles and stuffed animals in it, it gets way too heavy and bulky, it hurts my neck area and I haven't used those bags in a while.
I bought damier NF GM size and I thought about it at home for one night..it was HUGE and I couldnt love it, it was just too big.

But NF mm size is just perfect and it fits plenty but still manageable. Of course I had thermo and few juices and snacks, change of clothes to park maps and who knows what else by end of the night, but it's easy to get your camera out (seriouly than my messenger bags!) or Kleenex or fast pass (haha)... I almost took my mono galliera pm (which was my baby bag) but NF's big opening is so much easier for extra toys to be sticking out from the top!! LOL

Good luck deciding, but take it from me- I was obsessed with my "theme park" bags, and we frequent downtown Disney... And oh, Disney dooney bags are cute too!! :smile:

Thanks Ladies! I have a Batignolle, so the NF doesn't work well either. They get too heavy. I was hoping for something smaller. I looked up the Bloomsbury and LOVE it! Thank you! I think I'll start my search there. Looks like a great bag!

I can't help to take this one away from LV, sorry. Although, I am a lv lover.

Mz wallace hs amazing bags. roomy, multiple sizes, a boat load of pockets, lightweight and elegant without looking too expensive to be travelling with (safety)

check them out online.