Necklace with matching earings is the look dated?

addiction

O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
I have a Bvlgari bzero necklace in yellow gold and wear small hoops right now to go with it. I want to get the drop earings to match they are the single chain drop but did not know if the look is "old" or not done anymore.

My mom always encourages me to get my jewelry in sets, when possible. She is a HUGE fan of this and over time I have seen how beautiful and polished it looks.

Most of my designer pieces I try to get in sets. Sometimes I wear them together, other times I mix and match.

I think your Bzerio necklace and earrings would look beautiful together and not "old" or "old fashioned" at all.

I think I would get them so you have the option. Obviously you like the style and you could always wear them apart, but if you don't have both you could never wear them together.

I think it depends on the occasion. I like to mismatch things for casual and days I just don't want to look too put together. But for formal occassions I feel a matching set is better. Like a necklace and bracelet set that matches would be great for a wedding or formal gown.

But not dated to me at least

My mom always encourages me to get my jewelry in sets, when possible. She is a HUGE fan of this and over time I have seen how beautiful and polished it looks.

Most of my designer pieces I try to get in sets. Sometimes I wear them together, other times I mix and match.

I think your Bzerio necklace and earrings would look beautiful together and not "old" or "old fashioned" at all.

My mom is the same way too!!! Even though the concept of matching sets is from an older generation, it doesn't come off as old fashioned. The best part of having a matching necklace to your matching earrings is that you have the opportunity to wear the two together when you want and the ability to wear one, the other, or mix it up!

My mom is the same way too!!! Even though the concept of matching sets is from an older generation, it doesn't come off as old fashioned. The best part of having a matching necklace to your matching earrings is that you have the opportunity to wear the two together when you want and the ability to wear one, the other, or mix it up!

Great minds think alike! :biggrin:

we would need to see pics.

i love matching things and have been into this look lately. i esp love matching bracelets and earings. for a necklace and earings it would depend on how big the pieces are i think. (ie i dont wear big earings w a statement necklace)

I think it depends on the individual pieces and the outfit/event. For example I have a Return to Tiffany heart tag necklace and bracelet for day to day casual wear, but I only ever wear them separately. But I do have several matching sets I like to wear together for more formal events.

The concept of a matching set does come from another time and as such I do think some pieces might look dated, but I don't think anything from Bvlgari ever could!