• Hummingbird lucky animal pin

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 1 motif chalcedony magic necklace

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Small lotus earrings

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Sep 30, 2006
Debating my next purchase and I would like some opinions.

My collection includes:
YG pave vintage alhambra earrings
20 YG hammered vintage alhambra necklace
WG small frivole earrings
2020 Holiday WG necklace
On order lotus ring

I know my choices are so very different. I am having trouble deciding what to get next and turning to TPF for some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
Debating my next purchase and I would like some opinions.

My collection includes:
YG pave vintage alhambra earrings
20 YG hammered vintage alhambra necklace
WG small frivole earrings
2020 Holiday WG necklace
On order lotus ring

I know my choices are so very different. I am having trouble deciding what to get next and turning to TPF for some opinions. Thanks in advance.

Do you feel there's a "hole" in your collection? Or is there one that you could see yourself wearing the most often?

Do you feel there's a "hole" in your collection? Or is there one that you could see yourself wearing the most often?
Not particularly thinking if I have a hole to fill. I have a wg rolex and 2 solid yg w diamond bangles for wrist candy.

I don't particularly see myself wearing one item more than another for various reasons. I don't really wear bracelets too much. Long necklace might get in the way. Pin would poke a hole in whatever I would wear. Diamond earrings tbat dressy likely reserved for special occasions.

On the other hand the yg bracelet can match the pave earrings and yg long necklace. The pin I find unique w lapis and malachite pairing is pretty. The magic 1 motif chalcedony I like for versatile way of length options. Lotus would match the ring on order.

Out of my collection, i tend to wear the 2020 holiday the most. Next with most usage is the wg frivole earrings.

I personally love the small lotus earrings, it would also go nicely with your collection and the lotus ring. The chalcedony pendant would be a nice everyday necklace too, my friend wears her 24/7 and goes with everything she wear, it also look lovely when layer with her solitaire diamond pendant.

Reactions: lilbluebear
The small lotus earrings. I vote for those!

But if you can find a hammered YG Alhambra bracelet, then you’re lucky. I’d like one as well, but I was told they are so backordered that you aren’t even able to put a deposit down and order. :sad:

Reactions: lilbluebear
Hi! Your list is intriquing as the items are so different.
I had to think about my sugestions as this was a tough case! I like tough cases though, so I analyzed extra hard for you! :biggrin::heart:

Here are my thoughts if I may...

First, based on your collection and list, my guess is you do not require matchy matchy sets.
If you do require a matchy matchy set, I agree with the others and say get the Lotus earrings. They will be perfect with your Lotus ring. I have the Lotus ring and earring set as well as the Frivole WG pave BTF ring and earring set. I thought I could wear the Frivole WG pave earrings with my Lotus ring, but they do not go. I ended buying the Lotus earrings to create the set, and I love the set.

That said, if you do not feel the need to match your Lotus ring with the Lotus earrings, I would not get the Lotus earrings or any of the items on your list.

I would recommend getting the Frivole Large WG pendant. Why?

Looking at your list, it seems your style is a preference for metal pieces.
You also said you wear your HP pendant and your WG Frivole earrings the most.
You mentioned diamond earrings (I am assuming the Lotus earrings) would be reserved for special ocassions.

For the reasons above, I think the Frivole Large WG pendant would look fabulous with your WG Frivole earrings. A beautiful shiny flower! I also think the large Frivole size is very different from the WG guilloche pendant.

Most important of all, I think you will wear this pendant regularly.
I have a gut feel you won't wear the items on your list regularly.
You said don't really wear bracelets, pins will poke a hole in your top, Magic pendant might be too long, and Lotus earrings are too dressy. All these comments make me think if you get any of these pieces, they will just sit in your jewelry box, and it will be such a waste.

For me, no matter how much I love a piece, if I will not wear it regularly, I pass. Jewelry is meant to be worn.

That said... what do I really recommend?
I know you said you do not really wear bracelets. However, I think a diverse jewelry collection should have at least one classic bracelet. A bracelet will also enhance the beauty of your ring.

For me, I love bangles. They are clean and look crispy on the wrist. They make a statement, yet because they are crispy, they do not compete with a ring as some link bracelets can.

I think your collection would be fabulous with the WG Signature bangle. It's clean, yet shiny. It would go great with your Guilloche pendant and Frivole WG metal earrings. It would also look nice next to your Lotus ring.

If you can go bolder, the WG Clover is my #1 vote, but I think that look might be too busy for your preference. Bangles are also very easy to take on and off if that is a concern as to why you do not wear bracelets.

Just like a single watch & engagement ring on the left hand tie together to create a beautiful look, a clean bangle & ring on the right hand does the same to create a gorgeous look.

My vote would be for a WG bangle, no doubt in my mind.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps in your decision.
Sorry for the long post, but I did want to share my thoughts with you to help you decide.

Last edited:
Hi! Your list is intriquing as the items are so different.
I had to think about my sugestions as this was a tough case! I like tough cases though, so I analyzed extra hard for you! :biggrin::heart:

Here are my thoughts if I may...

First, based on your collection and list, my guess is you do not require matchy matchy sets.
If you do require a matchy matchy set, I agree with the others and say get the Lotus earrings. They will be perfect with your Lotus ring. I have the Lotus ring and earring set as well as the Frivole WG pave BTF ring and earring set. I thought I could wear the Frivole WG pave earrings with my Lotus ring, but they do not go. I ended buying the Lotus earrings to create the set, and I love the set.

That said, if you do not feel the need to match your Lotus ring with the Lotus earrings, I would not get the Lotus earrings or any of the items on your list.

I would recommend getting the Frivole Large WG pendant. Why?

Looking at your list, it seems your style is a preference for metal pieces.
You also said you wear your HP pendant and your WG Frivole earrings the most.
You mentioned diamond earrings (I am assuming the Lotus earrings) would be reserved for special ocassions.

For the reasons above, I think the Frivole Large WG pendant would look fabulous with your WG Frivole earrings. A beautiful shiny flower! I also think the large Frivole size is very different from the WG guilloche pendant.

Most important of all, I think you will wear this pendant regularly.
I have a gut feel you won't wear the items on your list regularly.
You said don't really wear bracelets, pins will poke a hole in your top, Magic pendant might be too long, and Lotus earrings are too dressy. All these comments make me think if you get any of these pieces, they will just sit in your jewelry box, and it will be such a waste.

For me, no matter how much I love a piece, if I will not wear it regularly, I pass. Jewelry is meant to be worn.

That said... what do I really recommend?
I know you said you do not really wear bracelets. However, I think a diverse jewelry collection should have at least one classic bracelet. A bracelet will also enhance the beauty of your ring.

For me, I love bangles. They are clean and look crispy on the wrist. They make a statement, yet because they are crispy, they do not compete with a ring as some link bracelets can.

I think your collection would be fabulous with the WG Signature bangle. It's clean, yet shiny. It would go great with your Guilloche pendant and Frivole WG metal earrings. It would also look nice next to your Lotus ring.

If you can go bolder, the WG Clover is my #1 vote, but I think that look might be too busy for your preference. Bangles are also very easy to take on and off if that is a concern as to why you do not wear bracelets.

Just like a single watch & engagement ring on the left hand tie together to create a beautiful look, a clean bangle & ring on the right hand does the same to create a gorgeous look.

My vote would be for a WG bangle, no doubt in my mind.

Just my two cents. Hope this helps in your decision.
Sorry for the long post, but I did want to share my thoughts with you to help you decide.
Thank you for your thoughtful explanation. It has been added to my wishlist. The next time I am in the boutique, I will have to take a look at some bangles. The clover bangle is beautiful. I tried it in yellow gold, but I didnt think of wg at that time.

Reactions: BigAkoya
Here are some photos to help you decide. I dug up old photos I posted in threads, and since you are getting the Lotus ring, you may find it helpful.

The first photo is the Lotus ring with an Alhambra bracelet. Yes, they are both VCA, but that's about all that is in commonn. You can see visually they really do not go together. I think the ring and bracelet distract from each other as a set.

The second photo is the Lotus ring with the WG Clover bangle. I personally love this look. It is bold yet clean (I love bangles!)
Now, use your finger and cover the WG clover bangle. Imagine my wrist bare with only the Lotus ring on. It looks fine, but to me, I feel it's missing something. That's just me of course.

Jewelry is 100% preference on what you like and feel comfortable with, and I hope these photos help in your decision. Good luck!

A81064D3-7708-4F7F-A610-CF021172E347.png

15EDA792-5614-4B74-8156-D1C37953BED6.png