Necklace for 24/4 wear?

I'm used to wearing dainty, delicate jewellery 24/7and so far i have not had any probs, even with pieces with micropave settings. I would think that Tiffany's workmanship would be good enough not to have the stones fall out easily. Personally, i would be fine with wearing it 24/7 but i know alot of people, including jewellers,won't recommend it.

I'm used to wearing dainty, delicate jewellery 24/7and so far i have not had any probs, even with pieces with micropave settings. I would think that Tiffany's workmanship would be good enough not to have the stones fall out easily. Personally, i would be fine with wearing it 24/7 but i know alot of people, including jewellers,won't recommend it.
providing u do not tell tiffany u sleep with it :smile: when i took my dbty as lock had broken, they asked me if i sleep with it or shower with it on and i said yes. therefore i was no longer covered for a free repair :smile: did not make any sense to me as the lock had a broken little spring which is more likely to break when u open/close it to put on/remove vs while in the shower or asleep. nevertheless tiffany would not cover u :smile:

providing u do not tell tiffany u sleep with it :smile: when i took my dbty as lock had broken, they asked me if i sleep with it or shower with it on and i said yes. therefore i was no longer covered for a free repair :smile: did not make any sense to me as the lock had a broken little spring which is more likely to break when u open/close it to put on/remove vs while in the shower or asleep. nevertheless tiffany would not cover u :smile:

Oh, that's interesting to hear. Do you think that putting on/removing the necklace all the time would actually cause more damage than just leaving it on?

well i am not a jeweler, i am in IT and we say if its not broken, dont touch it... :smile: my little brain tells me constantly doing/undoing the lock would increase the chance of it being broken. :smile: but when they told me i cannot sleep or shower with my dbty and therefore i will have to pay for the lock repair, and when i suggested it should deteriorate the lock less if you dont use it at least twice a day, the customer service lady smiled nicely and said tiffany does not recommend sleeping or showering with your jewelery as the hair can get caught in the lock etc etc etc and therefore since i admitted to it, pls pay! :smile: i did not mind the paying bit since i was extending it anyway, but i personally believe for me its safer to leave this type of necklace on. :smile: i was VERY annoyed the lock broke and left my dbty on a floor, which i noticed/saw only by a chance. i also asked for a "better" or "safer" lock to be fitted and i was told there is only one type which i have and therefore no other lock can be fitted by tiffany. :smile: can u tell i have a luv and hate relationship with tiffany? :smile: good luck with your search. i sese some posts here looking for 24x7 necklaces...its exactly what i am doing now, searching for dbty replacement as my tiffany dbty is going!!! i went to costco today, not much physical activity really.. and when i got back and checked the mirror, my beautiful and sparkly .25 stone was exactly in the middle of my back, right opposite where i would like it. instead i saw my repaired lock! :smile:

I wore my Elsa Peretti open heart necklace for YEARS without taking it off....then one day I was in the store buying another necklace...and they gave me a long lecture about taking off jewelry at night or risk various damage...made me so darn crazy that from that day forward I now take everything off at night :blah:

Is it really so bad to wear necklaces 24/7? My mum has worn a low-carat gold necklace for many years, and she is really hard on her jewelry. Nonetheless, nothing has ever broken.

I love to wear my jewellery 24/7 but, of course, wouldn't do it if it hurts the necklace. Do you think I'd risk losing stones out of it by wearing it all the time?

In general, I don't have a problem with wearing some jewelry pieces 24/7, but I wouldn't recommend wearing a rose gold necklace 24/7. It inevitably tarnishes (from lotions, perfumes, sweat, chlorine, chemicals, etc.) and loses the "pink" color. It can be cleaned/polished in an effort to restore the color.

I've worn necklaces 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year... with absolutely no problems. I've slept in them, showered in them, worked out in them, cooked/cleaned in them, and had them pulled on by a multitude of babies.

That said, any jeweler will suggest that you NOT sleep, bathe or shower in your jewelry. They will also suggest that you treat jewelry kindly and offer up a million other suggestions that don't realistically fit into everyday life.

Personally, I do believe that Tiffany & Co. chains are more delicate than other brands, but I've been assured by many that they are gold chains and that gold chains are quite strong. My suggestion is: If something breaks, and Tiffany associates ask as to whether or not you've been sleeping/swimming/showering in your jewelry, gape at them in mock-horror and insist: "Of course not!"

That said, this Tiffany piece is lovely and delicate and would be beautiful.

i wear mine too 24/7 without problems but i stay away from stones. while it is a pretty piece this looks too delicate for round the clock wear, if you take them of and wear just for the day it should be fine. it's nice to wear jewelry that you wouldn't have to worry about and not have to think about while on you. for the price i'd go for a really nice and sturdy 24k gold necklace with a good clasp that you wouldn't have to worry about and one that you wouldn't need to take off. with gem settings there's always that risk. it would be ok if the company guarantees replacing a lost stone if it falls off, as i would think it would be a manufacturing defect if any of it does. as for me one lost gem just simply ruins the piece and becomes unwearable, until replaced.

Last edited: