Neck/Shoulder Pain...What kind of Dr. Do You Go to?

  1. Neiman Marcus Gift Card Event Earn up to a $500 gift card with regular-price purchase with code NMSHOP - Click or tap to check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have a lot of lower neck/shoulder pain on my right side and I've had it for about six months. It's not getting better (or worse), but I need to get it treated. What kind of doctor do I go to? A chiropractor? Physical Therapist? Regular primary care doctor?
  2. I had horrible neck/shoulder pain....which was time to visit my Chiropractor.

    You should check for a really good one in your area. They'll xray you, massage treatment, alignments, etc...

    but like many chiro's say.... they can help us half way..but the other half is usually our you must do your part in bettering urself.

    In my was my horrible posture in using the computer 24-7 and also my posture while sleeping.

    Hope you get better!!! :biggrin:
  3. I had chronic back pain & went to two different chiropractors. Neither of them helped- not that I am knocking chiropractors- my hubby swears by his. I finally went to a D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine) and he "cured" me in one visit. Good luck- chronic back pain is the pits!
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
  4. You can try a chiropractor (get recommendations for a good one) and if you don't improve after a few visits at least nothing invasive was done. Your regular dr. could then refer you to a specialist. Do you think it's connected to a particular activity or sport? Regular massage can do wonders, too. Unfortunately it's not covered by insurance.
  5. Thanks to everyone's suggestions, I found a chiropractor and went today for my first treatment. I think she's going to be able to help me. She also has a massage therapist who works in her office and she said as time goes on, she may suggest that as additional help to my sore, aching neck and shoulder.