Nearly Empty Big Bags?

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I've always matched the size of my bags to the amount of stuff I need to carry. I like them to look full (enough room to add another couple of items) but not so stuffed I have to take anything out to reach the rest. Anyway, lately I've seen a lot of women carrying LV Speedy 35s with next to nothing in them (you can tell by the way the sides cave in), including a group of 4 or 5 women who all had that same look. I could understand this with a tote because they might be using it to carry files/books to and from work or school and it just happened to be empty at that time of day, or might be using it as a shopping bag. But I can't imagine stuffing your shopping into a Speedy - anyone else seen this phenomenon?

sophiae

Bang Tidy!
O.G.
Sep 9, 2006
six feet under the stars
Well, some people like the sag, so they try to keep as little as possible in it. I have the Speedy 35, as well, and I pack mine, some days, and others it's just the essentials. I actually love the sag of the bag.

Last edited:

AAdams

O.G.
Sep 19, 2008
Lone Star State
I think some sag looks fine but I actually can't stand to see a speedy all caved in as described. It just looks bad to me. I'll add more items in mine if it sags that much.

kenka

Jan 29, 2009
i personally believe that bigger does not always means better.. why would you buy a 35 when what you really need is a 25..??!

i was going to do the same mistake, just because the price was almost the same, but when i realized all the stuff a 25 can hold i just went for it.. and i still have extra space even when i carry my bottle of water! can u believe it?

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
i think there is a distinct difference between sag and caving in. i dont like either. i use a pocket shaper so it helps to fill out the side and have structure without sagging. i also have the oppt. (since there is little on the bottom due to all the pockets) to stuff many other thing if needed like an umbrella, new small purchases...once i even put a nice sized blanket in when i was going bowling. i find it pratical for many other things besides daily use as well and this is only possible due to the type of shaper i have

berrycraig

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
For me, a speedy looks more dressed up with a base shaper, and no sag. Sagging speedys with the sides caved in (or just sagging or vice-versa) are more casual IMO. I still think both ways look great! :yes:

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
NYC metro-area
I carry my speedy 35 with maybe 4 items in there: wallet, mini-pochette for cell phone, eye-glass case, sunglasses case.
But I like knowing that if I need the extra room I have it, and every now and then I do.

slayer

I want! I want!
O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
Australia
tickers.TickerFactory.com
I prefer my bags to have a bit of shape and anything too big looks silly on me ( being short) anyway. I don't mind the saggy speedies I have seen though, I think the speedy looks relaxed and casual while draped over a arm and not carrying much inside the bag.

shoegirl1975

My baby is 3!
Oct 2, 2006
USA
Some people just like the saggy look. I like it on the 30. I do own a WC 35 and it sags more than I prefer but I love the WC so I carry it anyway!