Nearing the end of eBay auction: Do you sit and watch it?

how funny! sitting in Paris waiting for a ebay auction- that would make a awesome commercial for ebay! But I could totally see myself doing the same thing! Enjoy, and I hope you win the darn crockpot. Why are they not sold where you live?

I used to do this, then I found a good sniper. HOWEVER--I placed a bid through the sniper I use, and IT DIDN'T EVEN BID AT ALL! I almost lost the Chanel deal of the century; however, I emailed the seller right away and it turns out the winning bidder was some shady unconfirmed international bidder, so I got my bag anyway!!!!

Lol! I ALWAYS watch the end of any auction I'm interested in. I tend to snipe, and I refuse to use a sniping program, as I just don't trust them. It's more fun that way, I think. Wait till the last three seconds, then bid!

I come back to the auction in the last 2 minutes and then wait. Don't bother if it's just the last hour.

Actually I just noticed that you're in Paris! Don't bother at all! Go sightseeing!

I don't bid until the last 20 seconds or so (unless I BIN) but I watch the auction for the last few minutes and constantly refresh until it ends.

But you're in Paris. Step away from the computer haha! Go enjoy Paris with your DH! Hope you're having a great trip!

Back in 1998 when I was still new to ebay, I would also sit and refresh the auction page every few seconds. I even called work and said I would be a few minutes late getting there because I was so engrossed in this auction, which I lost anyway. How crazy is that? I was really addicted, in the beginning, because I could find just about anything I was looking for on there and at a great price. Now I just put a snipe on an auction if I want it that bad. Most people don't bid until the last few seconds anyway. I actually hate to wait for things, so I usually look for BIN.