NBC "Lockes" in JJ Abrams Pilot, Starring former LOST Co-Stars!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. http://www.accesshollywood.com/nbc-commits-to-jj-abrams-pilot-starring-losts-michael-emerson-terry-oquinn_article_37302

‘Lost’s’ Michael Emerson, Terry O’Quinn Heading To NBC

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- “Lost” fans may have a new dial to switch to in the coming months to see some familiar island faces together again. A rep for NBC confirmed to Access Hollywood on Wednesday night that the reports are true — the Peacock network has secured the rights to the upcoming J.J. Abrams show starring former “Lost” co-stars Michael Emerson and Terry O’Quinn.

According to New York Magazine’s Vulture blog, which first reported the news, the currently untitled program has “Alias” alumni — Josh Appelbaum and Andreme Nemec – writing and executive producing. Additionally, Abrams and another “Alias” alumn, Andre Nemec are executive producers.

The show, described as a comedic drama by the site, would likely see the two actors starring as ex-black-ops agents. Vulture reported that NBC has “commited” to a pilot of the program.

Michael, who played Ben Linus on “Lost,” told AccessHollywood.com in May that he and pal Terry, who played John Locke (and later, the smoke monster) on the ABC show, had come up with a host of television ideas to keep them working together.

“We’ve been joking for a long time about what we ought to do together when this is all over — stuff like we were gonna do a play on the front porch of the old actors home, you know that kind of thing — just jokes,” Michael previously told Access. “But Terry had a couple of really good, strong ideas and he pitched them to someone in the world of producers and they seem to respond to it. So I don’t know where it’s at or whether it will come true, but there’s a good idea out there kicking around and if it comes to life, it would make me very happy.”

Michael added that he and Terry became good pals on the “Lost” set, the result of several seasons of being paired opposite each other in dozens of scenes.

“We were close and we had many days where it was he and I working together and those days were great working days, some of the best of my career,” Michael said at the time.

2. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/nbc_picks_up_jj_abrams_linus_l.html

NBC Picks Up J.J. Abrams' Linus & Locke Show

J.J. Abrams' new NBC drama Undercovers premieres in just an hour on the east coast, but the Peacock has already decided: It wants more J.J.! The network has landed the rights to the new Michael Emerson-Terry O'Quinn show from Abrams' Bad Robot that Vulture told you about Monday. NBC got the project despite strong interest from ABC and Fox, both of which were intrigued by the idea of Ben Linus and John Locke's alter-egos teaming up again. NBC has made a pilot commitment to the show, which had been known as Odd Jobs but is now technically untitled. The fine print: Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Alias) are writers/exec producers, while Abrams and Bryan Burk are also exec producers. With Fox and CBS already developing new Abrams shows, we're hoping the Bad Robot has one more series up its sleeve so that the folks at ABC aren't left feeling lonely.

3. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/locke_ben_jj_abrams_lost.html

J.J. Abrams Is Now Pitching the New Locke–Ben Linus Show

Forget Rizzoli & Isles: Are you ready for Linus & Locke? In news that could cause the Lost fan base to have a synchronized aneurysm, Vulture hears that last week, J.J. Abrams and frequent collaborators Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Alias, Mission: Impossible 4) began pitching a comedic drama to the networks that would have Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn — a.k.a. Benjamin Linus and John Locke/Smokey — playing former black-ops agents.

The idea of Emerson and O'Quinn reuniting isn't completely new: In February, the duo told TV Guide that they were looking to put together a post-Lost TV project for themselves; the rumors were revived again last month when Emerson repeated his hopes for a new show while doing publicity for the Lost full-series DVD collection. Still, all the talk seemed to be in the realm of "maybe one day." Turns out plans for a show are very real and very active — and the involvement of Abrams and other Bad Robot types means there's a really good chance the project will soon find a home.

As always with all things Abrams, details are sketchy, but insiders said the potential show — which we've heard carries the working title Odd Jobs — would have a dose of humor. It's not clear whether Appelbaum and Nemec will include any elements of an idea floated by O'Quinn last winter that had the two former Lost-mates serving as suburban hit men.

It's been a busy month for Bad Robot: Abrams and producing partner Bryan Burk last week set up Person of Interest at CBS and an Alcatraz-themed drama at Fox. Abrams's Undercovers, meanwhile, bows Wednesday on NBC, while the Abrams-directed feature Super 8 is moving forward, with Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning the first two actors cast in the project. Warner Bros., the studio where Bad Robot is based, had no comment.

4. These two work well together so I'm looking forward to learning more about this show and seeing what it's all about.

5. ayayay! i love how the tv world is completely jj abrams crazy ... it's worse than bieber fever!

6. to be honest, I could care less that it's a JJ Abrams show (altho I'm sure that helped push it along and made it a reality). I'm more excited about seeing these two actors on the screen together again, starring in their own series. The fact that it's JJ Abrams and he originally worked on LOST is a nice bonus, but it's not the main draw for me anyhow