Navy Rolandos

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I bought these patent navy rolandos from Barneys yesterday to keep as an option for my work's Christmas party tomorrow night. In light of all the heel liners peeling I will most likely return them as I cannot justify having two shoes that are equally painful, have problematic liners, and does not fit quite right.

They look black. In the store you can see navy only depending on how the light hits it. The SA described it as almost eggplant. Honestly, I don't see it.
rolandonavyon.jpg

This is the fit. I am normally a 37 in CLs, but went with a 37.5. Here you can see there is room in the back of the heel. I envy those of you who have do not have this problem.

navyrolandofit.jpg

This is the fit of the red. There is room (especially in the right as it must be my smaller foot,) but it cups the heel a bit closer than the navy.
redrolandofit.jpg

Not the best lighting, but this is comparing black patent VPS and navy patent Rolandos
vprolandoback.jpg

vprolandofront.jpg

Gorgeous.

I actually prefer the navy patents since I already have quite a few black heels.

UGH, I have that same problem with the rolando style; they're either too small or too large...and if they're patent, forget about it. Hopefully we'll see some rolandes come out in interesting colors..

Gorgeous.

I actually prefer the navy patents since I already have quite a few black heels.

UGH, I have that same problem with the rolando style; they're either too small or too large...and if they're patent, forget about it. Hopefully we'll see some rolandes come out in interesting colors..

BG did have the rolandes in red. I thought I was better off with the rolandes and that's why I bought them in the first place, however these have more drama. As far as the fit, this cut is not very comfy for me, but I will suffer for fashion.

oh, yikes...those navy rolandos are total hawtness!

but if they're not fitting correctly, send 'em back!

Unfortunately, this is how the rolandos fit on me.

Gorgeous! Love the navy Rolando. The difference is subtle, but not as harsh as black. Just like black nail polish..I refuse to wear black nail polish, too dark and goth on my hands but OPI Russian Navy is perfect for me.

I love my wine Rolandos :tup:

BG did have the rolandes in red. I thought I was better off with the rolandes and that's why I bought them in the first place, however these have more drama. As far as the fit, this cut is not very comfy for me, but I will suffer for fashion.
I prefer closed heels over sling backs, as well, but the patent rolandos are just not wearable for me. The rim along the toe box tends to dig into my toe knuckes (?). I'm even thinking about returning my leopard pony rolandos because of this problem. As of right now, suedes are all I can do in this style.

Grr, and my favorite material for this style is patent!

Anyhow, both colors are gorgeous; glad you're keeping one at least!

Kamilla should patent it! :yes: I was trying to get the best lighting, so I turned on one of my floor lamps, went up to my loft and hoped to be lit from below.

Lavender - congrats, they are beautiful, I think the black is nicer than the navy and the navy is very rare. So far I have only seen the navy rolandos at Barneys. But all stores are carrying the black patent.

LOL Someone once asked me if I always take photos on my back. My response was that CLs should only be worn whilst on your back. ;)

CLs look good from any and every direction and they are to be kept on even whilst on your back. ;)

Anyhow, both colors are gorgeous; glad you're keeping one at least!

I may end up keeping both.

Gorgeous! Love the navy Rolando. The difference is subtle, but not as harsh as black.

It's that subtleness that is attracting me and it's rarity that's making me consider keeping them. We'll see if common sense kicks in.