Navy/Midnight blue & black

Handbag_Whore

Dec 13, 2009
Would you say these 2 colours go together? Ive got a dress to wear to a wedding in midnight blue and am going for black accessories - shoes, clutch and bracelet. Will this go together?!

Oct 21, 2008
Midnight blue and black together are stunning IMO, very glam and dramatic, especially if you can mix textures with the black shoes and bag to add contrast - like velvet, silk or patent.

If possible I'd choose diamonds and white pearls over an all black bracelet to add "light" to a glamorous but otherwise dark outfit (though the black bracelet would be OK if your dress is short or sleeveless and you're showing a bit of skin instead of midnight blue head to toe).

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
Nov 29, 2010
yes i love it. i used to have a shirt that was navy blue with a black bow. that old rule about blue and black is so silly. it looks great!

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Armani shows midnight paired with black all the time. I like to wear a midnight jacket with a black pant and shoe.

linhhhuynh

always an if in life
May 19, 2010
i think navy and black look awesome together. i've got a navy/black striped sweater, and it's very gloomy chic to me :P

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
I like it as long as it looks intentional (the outfit you described sounds great). What I hate is when I get dressed to quickly and end up accidentally grabbing a pair of navy tights with a black dress and then it just looks like I got dressed in the dark!

katrin

O.G.
Dec 19, 2008
hm i never knew navy and black couldn't go together....i have a pair of navy suede boots that i wear with black tights and dresses.