Navy Blue 2.55 Matte or Dark Blue Classic Caviar?

louis&me

Nov 30, 2006
Please help me decide bet. navy blue matte reissue and dark blue caviar. I want a blue color in my collection and i dont know what to pick. Which shade of blue is better? I know they're both dark almost black in color without proper lighting and ive seen photos posted in sunlight and theyre both gorgy but what to choose??? Is the reissue more purple than blue??? TIA.

Last edited:
Well, what size are you looking into getting and what h/w (on the classic flap)? I personally LOVE the navy blue caviar with gold h/w (just got the Jumbo recently), but the silver isn't as standout to me. The reissue is stunning in any size, and the matte leather is beautiful... but it doesn't look as blue in indoor lighting. If you are choosing between a 226/227 reissue and navy caviar medium or Jumbo with SILVER h/w, I'd get the reissue... if gold h/w, I'd get the navy! Good luck! :flowers:

I just came back form NM in Tysons Galleria in Virginia. I saw both bags and admired both of them. I would select the caviar. The caviar appears t be a ture navy color with great saturation and hue. There is a purple, iridescent hue to the metallic navy reissue bag. I don't know about potential fading with the reissue bag. The re-issue was NM (i.e., SKU 2332-7848), NM Style Number: 4250 37587, $2795.00. I studied and talked about this with Andrea Gill, SA and two other SAs for several minutes. Once again, this is just my opinion. I had been talking about these two bags for the past month everytime I return to the store.

Miche