"Natural" Box Calf?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Is there such a color? Natural?

just wondering.................:smile:

2. Good question. I think of the natural leathers as the ones that will absorb oil, water, etc. Box has a somewhat water/ oil repelling finish to it. I think natural vache and chamonix would be closest look to natural box. I like the leathers that have to be imprinted rather than painted with the "Hermes"
    Maybe a leather expert will respond.
    I'll try to remember to check leather book next time I visit H.

3. D - You mean "natural" color right? Not the leather "vache natural"?

People in here seemed to be confused about it :P

4. I think you mean vach natural. I saw a Constance with Pall several months ago in this and it was fabulous! A more natural leather is Barenia which takes on coloring from environmental changes more easily i.e. water stains, oil etc. Passed on the Connie because I knew I would be afraid to use it because of the more delicate leather and color.

5. Vach Natural in Box Calf, GK??? That would be called "natural" for the color?

6. ^^It was a form of box calf and natural is the color as I understand it. I guess I'm as confused as the next guy. I know it when I see it:smile:

7. my herbag is vache natural - it looks quite different to box, although it is very smooth like box. it is extremely thick and heavy.

8. I have only seen that color in the chamonix...that is the closest to box calf available now (I think:confused1: )

9. ^^Well, it sounds like we are all confused:confused1: Ava, I thought it had more sheen to it than Chamonix.

10. we've got to get to the bottom of this!

11. Absolutley! I mean, what should we be doing with our time except obsessing about these terribly important things? The world is going to ****, but at least we will all be wearing the right bag and will damn well know what kind of leather it is made of!!!:yahoo:

12. Yeah! God damn it.............

where's HG when we need her.............................................

13. ^^^^^I'm right here! I don't think "natural" in box exists, but let me confirm it first.