Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Is there such a color? Natural?

just wondering.................:smile:

golconda

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
Good question. I think of the natural leathers as the ones that will absorb oil, water, etc. Box has a somewhat water/ oil repelling finish to it. I think natural vache and chamonix would be closest look to natural box. I like the leathers that have to be imprinted rather than painted with the "Hermes"
Maybe a leather expert will respond.
I'll try to remember to check leather book next time I visit H.

wellow

In a bliss
Nov 10, 2005
D - You mean "natural" color right? Not the leather "vache natural"?

People in here seemed to be confused about it :P

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I think you mean vach natural. I saw a Constance with Pall several months ago in this and it was fabulous! A more natural leather is Barenia which takes on coloring from environmental changes more easily i.e. water stains, oil etc. Passed on the Connie because I knew I would be afraid to use it because of the more delicate leather and color.

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Vach Natural in Box Calf, GK??? That would be called "natural" for the color?

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
^^It was a form of box calf and natural is the color as I understand it. I guess I'm as confused as the next guy. I know it when I see it:smile:

Grands Fonds

Alive and Kicking
May 29, 2006
my herbag is vache natural - it looks quite different to box, although it is very smooth like box. it is extremely thick and heavy.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
^^Well, it sounds like we are all confused:confused1: Ava, I thought it had more sheen to it than Chamonix.

gracekelly

The Red Queen
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
we've got to get to the bottom of this!

Absolutley! I mean, what should we be doing with our time except obsessing about these terribly important things? The world is going to ****, but at least we will all be wearing the right bag and will damn well know what kind of leather it is made of!!!:yahoo:

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Yeah! God damn it.............

where's HG when we need her.............................................