Natural Barenia and Fauve

BlueParrot

O.G.
Aug 26, 2007
Has Natural Barenia been replaced with
Fauve Barenia? The new leather book at my store shows only Fauve Barenia and the SA thinks it is the same as Natural Barenia. Does anyone know whether these two colors are one and the same?

Funny that you should ask this question as I was just informed today that Barenia has been replaced by Fauve Tadelakt for bags. While the color is similar, it of course wears (and smells!) differently. Reason given was "scarcity of the skins." Was told that Barenia would continue to be used for trimmed bags, jewelry, etc. Or - I would assume - the occasional and lucky SO!

Ms. Piggy, thanks for pointing out the other threads. they were helpful. and thank you, all, for your help.

I believe Fauve Barenia and Fauve Tadelakt are different (similar color) since I saw swatches of both in my SA's leather book, and the Fauve Barenia was shown under the "BareniA" heading and the Fauve Tadelakt was shown under the "Tadelakt: heading. I think Fauve Barenia is in fact the new name for Natural Barenia; it may be that Hermes has a new supplier for the special Barenia leather.