Nativity

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Did anyone else ever do the Nativity play for Sunday School? What role(s) were you?

Ever since I could remember I was always an angel. Except for one year, when I was the Head Angel and I got a speaking part! I got to announce Jesus's birth and tell the shephards to not be afraid.

I was an angel in the choir. My little brother was a sheep (made of cotton balls) and my baby brother plaid baby Jesus one year. He started to cry and a cottoned ball sheep went to tend to him- it was my other brother! Cutest thing ever... Nevertheless Baby Jesus had to go sit with Momma Jane and leave Mother Mary and the Nativity scene.. but I did that for many years!

My brother was always the shepherd (with the bathrobe and the towel) and we always used a doll for the Baby Jesus.

(One year, my mom made my costume out of a blue sheet instead of a white one. Another year, I remember stepping out of the line of angels to touch the Baby Jesus's head.)

I was an angel a few times, a present? (I think we had too many kids and not enough parts that year), and the donkey!!!

I just did the nativity yesterday with the kids where I work and it was sooo cute! It got me feeling very festive. We had a couple of kids shouting "theres my Dadda" and waving frantically into the audience. There was also a couple who shouted the songs which was sooo hard not to get the giggles at.

I WAS AN ANGEL AND THEN I GOT THE LEAD ROLE AND WAS MARY...aww the memories...got a custom made costume and everything...lol to be a kid and free of worry wat a great life!

i was always an angel...no speaking part, which is very good (even then, i had HORRIBLE fear of public speaking).

and i seem to recall my brother being a wise man and him torturing me on stage...hmph.