Nativity

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Did anyone else ever do the Nativity play for Sunday School? What role(s) were you?

Ever since I could remember I was always an angel. Except for one year, when I was the Head Angel and I got a speaking part! I got to announce Jesus's birth and tell the shephards to not be afraid.

2. I was an angel in the choir. My little brother was a sheep (made of cotton balls) and my baby brother plaid baby Jesus one year. He started to cry and a cottoned ball sheep went to tend to him- it was my other brother! Cutest thing ever... Nevertheless Baby Jesus had to go sit with Momma Jane and leave Mother Mary and the Nativity scene.. but I did that for many years!

3. My brother was always the shepherd (with the bathrobe and the towel) and we always used a doll for the Baby Jesus.

(One year, my mom made my costume out of a blue sheet instead of a white one. Another year, I remember stepping out of the line of angels to touch the Baby Jesus's head.)

4. I was an angel a few times, a present? (I think we had too many kids and not enough parts that year), and the donkey!!!

I just did the nativity yesterday with the kids where I work and it was sooo cute! It got me feeling very festive. We had a couple of kids shouting "theres my Dadda" and waving frantically into the audience. There was also a couple who shouted the songs which was sooo hard not to get the giggles at.

5. What a great question! I wish I could remember that far back....It seems to me I was usually a shepherd or a wise man? I'll have to ask my mother.

6. My brother was Joseph and he peed in his costume during the play.

7. I WAS AN ANGEL AND THEN I GOT THE LEAD ROLE AND WAS MARY...aww the memories...got a custom made costume and everything...lol to be a kid and free of worry wat a great life!

8. i was always an angel...no speaking part, which is very good (even then, i had HORRIBLE fear of public speaking).

and i seem to recall my brother being a wise man and him torturing me on stage...hmph.