NARS Yachiyo Brush/Japonesque Dupe...Opinions, Please?

Loquita

May 16, 2008
I happened upon the NARS line of artisan brushes recently, and the Yachiyo brush really interests me - it is supposedly designed for applying color and powder (contouring, highlighting, you get the idea), but I imagine that it has many other uses.

It just looks so cool. :P

Here it is:
200002511.jpg

The NARS brush costs $50 (not sure what it's made of), which I am not opposed to paying if it is excellent. There is also a Japonesque dupe that is supposed to be very good, and it costs $25 (made of bamboo and goat):

BA-010-detail.jpg

Does anyone have either of these, or both? I would love to hear your opinions on the quality of the brush(es), what you use them for, etc.

TIA!! :smile:

Attachments

• th_200002511.jpg
    th_200002511.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 1,270
  • th_BA-010-detail.jpg
    th_BA-010-detail.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,307
I have the nars one, i bought it because it looks cool, lol!!! I must say that I do notice a difference in the way that my blush applies though, when I use other blush brushes the color kind of concentrates and sits on the apples of my cheek, so I have to blend really well. With the Yachiyo the color spreads very nicely, I get a beautiful application everytime with minimal effort. If you have nars' blushes it's imperitive that you blend well because they are so very pigmented that you can look like a clown if you apply too much.

Thanks so much, meela! :smile: NARS blushes are my faves, too - and I tend to like the really bright ones, so blending is key.

You are so right - this is probably the coolest-looking brush ever, lol...I am leaning towards the NARS because it is black, so it will probably stay nice-looking for longer, and is more likely to be made of higher-quality materials. I have had other Japonesque brushes in the past and they are decent but nothing spectacular.

Ooo oooh me me! I have the NARS one - how about that - we like the same brush :hugs:

And I just got it recently off beauty.com because they had 20% off. It's pricey but I had this brush in my cart so many times and I finally pulled the trigger! It's so soft and so beautiful and it feels so light and delicate in the hand ...

I LOVE IT!

I didn't know there was a dupe. Where can I find it? I've never owned a Japonesque brush before.

Ooo oooh me me! I have the NARS one - how about that - we like the same brush :hugs:

And I just got it recently off beauty.com because they had 20% off. It's pricey but I had this brush in my cart so many times and I finally pulled the trigger! I LOVE IT!

I didn't know there was a dupe. Where can I find it? I've never owned a Japonesque brush before.

Great to hear that you like it, girly!! :biggrin:

I just saw that someone on MUA was saying that the Japonesque one was a decent dupe...but the reviews for the Yachiyo brush are so good that I will just get it. I have some drugstore.com dollars to use up, anyway...

Here's the place connected to the Japonesque official website that does their retail: http://www.naimies.com/

And I think that it's sold on Amazon, too. HTH!

I used to have this one little set of Japonesque travel brushes (it came in a tube) and it was horrible - that said, every other brush or item I have had from them has been decent, particularly for the price. But I like EcoTools and Sonia Kashuk better for cheaper brushes.

Great to hear that you like it, girly!! :biggrin:

I just saw that someone on MUA was saying that the Japonesque one was a decent dupe...but the reviews for the Yachiyo brush are so good that I will just get it. I have some drugstore.com dollars to use up, anyway...

Here's the place connected to the Japonesque official website that does their retail: http://www.naimies.com/

And I think that it's sold on Amazon, too. HTH!

I used to have this one little set of Japonesque travel brushes (it came in a tube) and it was horrible - that said, every other brush or item I have had from them has been decent, particularly for the price. But I like EcoTools and Sonia Kashuk better for cheaper brushes.

Alright, I'll pass on Japonesque.

Oh, by the way, I LOVE using the Yachiyo brush with Chanel blushes! I'm just sayin' ...:whistle:

I have the yachiyo and it's my fave blush and bronzer brush. It's similar to the 165 and 138 but is rounder at the top which helps you spread the color out beautifully. I also find that the shape of the handle makes me hold it in a a way that prevents me from overdoing it. I'd definitely recommend it. :tup: I think there's an 18% off code available if you order from Nars!

I happened upon the NARS line of artisan brushes recently, and the Yachiyo brush really interests me - it is supposedly designed for applying color and powder (contouring, highlighting, you get the idea), but I imagine that it has many other uses.

It just looks so cool. :P

Here it is:
200002511.jpg

The NARS brush costs $50 (not sure what it's made of), which I am not opposed to paying if it is excellent. There is also a Japonesque dupe that is supposed to be very good, and it costs $25 (made of bamboo and goat):

BA-010-detail.jpg

Does anyone have either of these, or both? I would love to hear your opinions on the quality of the brush(es), what you use them for, etc.

TIA!! :smile:

I have the nars one and I own the medium sized one from hakuhudo. I like the application of my nars one but I hate the shedding I love my hakuhudo one though. I just wish the hair was black like my nars one..

I have the yachiyo and it's my fave blush and bronzer brush. It's similar to the 165 and 138 but is rounder at the top which helps you spread the color out beautifully. I also find that the shape of the handle makes me hold it in a a way that prevents me from overdoing it. I'd definitely recommend it. :tup: I think there's an 18% off code available if you order from Nars!

Aha!!! I will see if I can find the code - should be on retailmenot, right?

Thanks so much!!!

I have the nars one and I own the medium sized one from hakuhudo. I like the application of my nars one but I hate the shedding I love my hakuhudo one though. I just wish the hair was black like my nars one..

Okay, my brush guru has spoken. I will check out the hakuhudo, too.

Thanks, keodi!! ;)

Oh, really? I've only washed mine once and used a brush cleaner once so far. I would LOVE to try hakuhudo! I'm going to check it out!