NARS Yachiyo Brush/Japonesque Dupe...Opinions, Please?

I have the nars one and I own the medium sized one from hakuhudo. I like the application of my nars one but I hate the shedding I love my hakuhudo one though. I just wish the hair was black like my nars one..

keodi - Is the medium one you have equivalent in size to the nars one?

The pic for the medium, pointed one is missing on my screen.

I love the NARS Yachiyo brush so much that I bought 2 of them from Beauty.com Loquita! I love this brush even more than my beloved MAC 129SH brush. The Yachiyo applies the blush in such a soft manner, so you can use blushes of all pigmentation levels without fear of the dreaded 'clown effect'. :P So far I haven't experienced any shedding, but I have only had them for a couple of months. I also read the glowing reviews of this brush on MUA and on a couple of beauty blogs, so I took the plunge.

I have not tried the Japonesque dupe. The few Japonesque brushes that I tried in the past did not work for me. They were too scratchy. I have heard good things about Hakuhodo brushes, but so far I haven't bit the bullet. I was going to try out Hakuhodo at IMATS in Pasadena a few weeks ago, but I ended up not being able to go.

I bought the NARS brushes when Beauty.com was having 20 or 30% ******** offers.

2? Now that's :heart: :P I've had mine for over a year and haven't experienced and significant shedding.

I must have a bad 129SH because mine is so rough it makes my face hurt! lol

I love the NARS Yachiyo brush so much that I bought 2 of them from Beauty.com Loquita! I love this brush even more than my beloved MAC 129SH brush. The Yachiyo applies the blush in such a soft manner, so you can use blushes of all pigmentation levels without fear of the dreaded 'clown effect'. :P So far I haven't experienced any shedding, but I have only had them for a couple of months. I also read the glowing reviews of this brush on MUA and on a couple of beauty blogs, so I took the plunge.

I have not tried the Japonesque dupe. The few Japonesque brushes that I tried in the past did not work for me. They were too scratchy. I have heard good things about Hakuhodo brushes, but so far I haven't bit the bullet. I was going to try out Hakuhodo at IMATS in Pasadena a few weeks ago, but I ended up not being able to go.

I bought the NARS brushes when Beauty.com was having 20 or 30% ******** offers.

Okay, so this brush sounds like a winner for sure!!!

Now here's my dilemma: I am torn between this one and the Chanel Les Minis set (the Holiday 2009 one, which is becoming very HTF now). I have a few travel brushes at the moment, but none that is really doing it for me...which would you get first?

(Being myself, I will probably only wait a few weeks or so in between buys, anyway) :P

Okay, so this brush sounds like a winner for sure!!!

Now here's my dilemma: I am torn between this one and the Chanel Les Minis set (the Holiday 2009 one, which is becoming very HTF now). I have a few travel brushes at the moment, but none that is really doing it for me...which would you get first?

(Being myself, I will probably only wait a few weeks or so in between buys, anyway) :P

Chanel! Chanel! CHANEL! The powder brush alone is worth it! =D I'm tempted to buy another set just in case I accidently lose the one I have now. I need help. :nuts:

The Nars brush will always be available and there is usually a corporate perks code for at least 18% off. I'll keep an eye out for you and send you a PM when I see it. Nars CS has been changing them once they get posted on coupon sites like retailmenot.

ETA: found the code. for some reason it wasn't coming up in my search last night. :smile:

If anyone wants it, let me know. I'm afraid they'll void it if they find out it was posted.

Last edited:
Okay, peeps - I will go for the Chanel, and then the NARS. They are both must-haves, me thinks. But I will go look at the NARS one IRL soon anyway. ;)

And thanks so much, sweetart!! :hugs: You are so kind!!

I figure that if I get this Chanel travel set and then the upcoming holiday one, I am good to go for travel brushes.

Okay, peeps - I will go for the Chanel, and then the NARS. They are both must-haves, me thinks. But I will go look at the NARS one IRL soon anyway. ;)

I figure that if I get this Chanel travel set and then the upcoming holiday one, I am good to go for travel brushes.

:ghi5:

I'm looking forward to the upcoming holiday one!

And you're welcome! :smile: Did you see the new fall blush and duos? :drool:

I was just at the Nordies Anni Sale and put my name down for the upcoming holiday set. She said they should get it next month. :graucho:

...I'm tempted to get the travel set now!! You two are enablers!!

It's really a great set. you can hold a lot of other travel brushes in the side pocket too or fill it w some basic makeup. Great to keep in your purse or travel with. :biggrin:

Chanel! Chanel! CHANEL! The powder brush alone is worth it! =D I'm tempted to buy another set just in case I accidently lose the one I have now. I need help. :nuts:

The Nars brush will always be available and there is usually a corporate perks code for at least 18% off.

^ I agree with sweetart! Grab the Chanel Les Minis brush set first, and as soon as possible before it sells out. The powder brush is so amazing; I wish they sold it by itself. The Nars Yachiyo is a must-have IMHO, but it is a permanent part of the collection so you can always get it later.

2? Now that's :heart: :P I've had mine for over a year and haven't experienced and significant shedding.

I must have a bad 129SH because mine is so rough it makes my face hurt! lol

^ I know; it's crazy. :P I normally don't buy multiples of products. I use one brush for bronzing powders, contouring products and darker blushes. And I use the other one for lighter blushes.