Review NARS Eyeshadows-- Palettes, Duos and Singles

pquiles

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I am so totally a fan of NARS e/s. I have the 9947 palette, about 8 duos and a couple of singles. The intensity of the colors-- oh yes, huge color payoff-- and how easily they blend is what sold me. I find myself wearing and pairing unlikely colors to get some really cool, but age appropriate looks. Can't say much more... I do love NARS makeup.

I just got the Wicked and Chenyenne duos from Sephora that were on sale and haven't used them yet but they look gorgeous and I cannot wait now that I read this thread!

i do not like nars powder shadows at all. they are always chalky and the shimmers are overboard glittery.

i do love the cream shadow in cosmic girl though. it is a staple for me!

The Nars eyeshadow primer has been a godsend. It brings out the color of the shadows and keeps them on all day. Speaking of, I'm wearing Daphne today. Quite possibly the best purple EVER.

i do not like nars powder shadows at all. they are always chalky and the shimmers are overboard glittery.

I thought it was just me. I agree, and the colors always fade and look like old Cover Girl shadows after a few hours. I always find myself buying something from their line (most recently a shadow pencil, which migrated all over my eyes) and am always disappointed, even after getting it with a discount. I feel like I have to work too hard with their stuff to get it the way I like it and makeup should be fun, not a task.

I thought it was just me. I agree, and the colors always fade and look like old Cover Girl shadows after a few hours. I always find myself buying something from their line (most recently a shadow pencil, which migrated all over my eyes) and am always disappointed, even after getting it with a discount. I feel like I have to work too hard with their stuff to get it the way I like it and makeup should be fun, not a task.

Aww.. that's too bad. I don't have that issue w/my NARS shadows at all. I always use primer and find that my color stays throughout most of my day (8am - 7pm). I don't have any of the cream e/s... yet:graucho:.

when i swatched daphne it was SO chalky. it seems every time i swatch matte nars shadows on the back of my hand, it immediately separates and sinks into the pores. does anyone else notice this?

i do have a very old single powder shadow in heart of glass that is a smooth consistency.

I have the single in Bali, and every time I use it, I get compliments on how young I look. Which is odd, because it goes on very dark, and when I first used it, I thought it made me look a lot older.

You all have me wondering if I should just take back the 2 duos I just got before touching them. Unfortunately the colors are online only so I cannot even go swatch them.

Beenie, I vote for you to keep them. Then again I really like all the duos that I have.
Rated R
Isolde
Blade Runner
Caravaggio
Mediterranee
Persepolis
Also have Goldfinger single e/s. The 9947 palette works well for me too...
If you're having 2nd thoughts, do a search on YT and see what reviews ppl give the duos.

I use my eye primer b4 I put on any shadow. Wore my Isolde duo today ... just swept the darker bronze lightlty across my eyes, lined upper lash line w/ night flight and 13 hours later...still looks good and I'm just now washing it off.