Narrowed my Black bag down to three..which woud you purchase?

sinyard

O.G.
Apr 13, 2008
This bag would be an "everyday bag" and I tend to lean towards larger sized bags.

1. Black Mercer Parker (LOVE)

2. Black Stam Quilted Leather (LoVE)

3. Black Christy (this is now my 3rd favorite).

(1 & 2 are tied ofr first right now)

Last edited:
I think if you like variety in your collection, you might be better off with #2 or #3 since you just ordered the Mercer Satchel in another color. The stam is a bit more polished while the Christy is a bit more casual, so it may depend on your wardrobe and what image you're putting together. And I think honestly it just comes down to which one makes your wittle heart go pitty-pat. GL!!

lol22.gif

OK. Now that both are getting LOVE, I can give an opinion. You say you want an everyday bag, an the Mercer fits that description perhaps better than the Stam, IMO, as some people don't like dragging the chain around. Nevertheless, this decision would be a no-brainer for me (cause I have no brain)--the STAM, without a doubt.

ETA: I just looked at some pictures of the MParker and, well, it's very purty. Maybe I have a brain after all. Can you check them out in person?

I would still get the Stam...

Last edited:
I think if you have the chance to get a Quilted Black Stam, then definitely go for that. But if you really want a daily bag that you can stuff yet it won't become cumbersome, then go for the Parker. That bag is big and is on the lighter side compared to the Stam.

BTW, the Christy is a wonderful shoulder bag too although you can't fit as much in it.

Good luck with your decision!:smile:

i agree with pm. you just bought a mercer bag. why not get something different? i love both the stam and the christy, but the christy is much more comfortable to use on an everyday basis. imo, the stam is one of the most beautiful mj styles. you can't go wrong with either.

STAM! Lol, maybe because I'm obsessed with the style, but I think it's an MJ classic, and absolutely GORGEOUS in black. Also, like the others have been saying, you're already getting a Mercer, so spice it up and go for the stam. It's your number one by default once you cross Mercer off the list. :tup:

Stam definitely the stam :tup:
You just bought a Mercer bag, right? (even if you didn't, I'd still say Stam!)
the stam is classic, timeless and now's the time to get one -- this season's quilted stams are made of goat leather so they're a little bit softer and lighter weight.

Does your next bag HAVE to be black? Honestly, I'd say make the Quilted Stam in Grey your next bag purchase -- this season's grey is gorgeous and it would still be a perfect "go with everything" everyday color even tho it's not black

attachment.php

Attachments

• qs-gry.jpg
    qs-gry.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 190
I would love to get the Grey or Black Stam. I can only find a black stam on Bloomingdales but I can't find a Grey one. I found a Black one on Ebay but I'm waiting for it to be authenticated. The Grey is beautiful!

I must say this whole MJ obsession is giving me a major headache. I go to bed thinking of MJ bags, dream of all of the different bags and then I wake up and I'm still thinking of them.

Last edited:
I would love to get the Grey or Black Stam. I can only find a black stam on Bloomingdales but I can't find a Grey one. I found a Black one on Ebay but I'm waiting for it to be authenticated. The Grey is beautiful!

I must say this whole MJ obsession is giving me a major headache. I go to bed thinking of NMJ bags, dream if all of the different bags and then I wake up I'm still thinking of them.

does it have to be on sale? The MbyMJ store here in Chicago has the Quilted Stam in grey -- if there's no MJ store in your state, you won't have to pay tax and only a $20 s/h charge (overnight FedEx) -- I can give you the name of my SA and their phone number if you'd like. Otherwise, Nordstroms had the Quilted Stams in Grey. I don't think they've sold out yet, altho my store no longer has one