Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

are any of you guys fans of CurlyNikki? I absolutely love her blog, I particularly like reading the transition stories and the Twist N'Curl is my go-to style in the summer

another recommendation for good detangler and product for curl definition is Apple Cider Vinegar (I prefer Braggs over all other) and Water. Stinks a bit at first, but smell goes away once your hair is dried. My curls really POP when I rinse with ACV

I'm glad I found this thread. I've been growing my locs since Aug 02 and I love them!! I style them up, lately I've been wearing them in curls. I want them to grow down to my butt lol
I didn't do a bc when I got them because I was wearing braids for years.
27zltuw.jpg

another recommendation for good detangler and product for curl definition is Apple Cider Vinegar (I prefer Braggs over all other) and Water. Stinks a bit at first, but smell goes away once your hair is dried. My curls really POP when I rinse with ACV

I use ACV rinses to get rid of build up. It works but stinks and don't spray in your eye by accident. lol. that sucker will burn.

It's when you stretch your hair with one hand while holding a dryer in the other. It helps to loosen the curl pattern w/out using a comb attachment. I section and detangle my hair first. I also use light heat...

Example here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLOAFaGRpTo

ohh! thx. I do this already because I am so lazy. I didnt know there was an official name for it!

I wish I could use light heat...my hair would laugh

I'm in the process of growing my hair out. I'm not happy with it now so I still wear sew ins. I don't have a regimen yet I just rely on my stylist to take care of it. Does anyone have any tips/links for growing hair while wearing weaves?

I am a huge fan of Herbal Essence Hello Hydration too. I add a bit of olive oil and that is my daily moisturizer.

I purchased some Aussie Moist conditioner today. I've heard great things about it.

Aslan and talldrnkofwater, I love your locs!