Nappy, Kinky and LOVIN" IT

The center/crown is growing back slowly but surely. Fibroids did a number on my hair.
View attachment 5267582View attachment 5267583
looks good
sorry about the fibroids...they affected your hormones and therefore your hair?
I just ordered As I Am cowash...haven't tried it yet. I've only used one cowash - Hair One. I found I got pretty good curl formation with it but wanted to try something different.

Reactions: fendifemale
looks good
sorry about the fibroids...they affected your hormones and therefore your hair?
I just ordered As I Am cowash...haven't tried it yet. I've only used one cowash - Hair One. I found I got pretty good curl formation with it but wanted to try something different.
They affected my already bad anemia. It throws off your nutrient and iron levels too.

I've dealt with firboids, anemia, low ferritin before too so I know the journey as well fendifemale. :hugs:

Right now, it's silk press season for me lol However up until 2 weeks ago, I was using product line by Jozi Curls, sold at Target and loved the results. I'll probably go back to my wash-n-go''s after Christmas.

• Love
Reactions: fendifemale
I've dealt with firboids, anemia, low ferritin before too so I know the journey as well fendifemale. :hugs:

Right now, it's silk press season for me lol However up until 2 weeks ago, I was using product line by Jozi Curls, sold at Target and loved the results. I'll probably go back to my wash-n-go''s after Christmas.
Thank you so much. ♡
Target has become my favorite place for Camille Rose. They have the hard to find items.

Reactions: Kansashalo
how often do you ladies trim your hair? I have long layered thick hair - 3a or maybe 2b. I used to have it cut every three or four months. when the pandemic shut everything down my hair got longer and I liked it. now I'm only getting a trim maybe every six months. I actually took a bit of the bottom myself a month or so ago. I can get away with a lot with this hair.

I’m still rocking a twist-out/fro through the winter. It makes me feel the most like myself, I think it goes well with my favorite structured coat, and it looks cute with a little knit ear-warmer band.

any of you cut your own hair? I have thick wavy/curly long hair. I get Deva cuts but she really doesn't spend much time on it so I've been cutting it less often with her. I'm wondering if with my hair being very long now (almost waist length when pulled straight) if the layers are that important. I've been trimming little bits off myself and last night had DH cut one piece that was hanging down.
I kinda hate to go cheap on my biggest asset but I don't know if I need these "Deva" cuts.
I used to do my own color and now I'm having that done in the salon. I guess that expense is the reason I'm cheaping out on the cuts.

any of you cut your own hair? I have thick wavy/curly long hair. I get Deva cuts but she really doesn't spend much time on it so I've been cutting it less often with her. I'm wondering if with my hair being very long now (almost waist length when pulled straight) if the layers are that important. I've been trimming little bits off myself and last night had DH cut one piece that was hanging down.
I kinda hate to go cheap on my biggest asset but I don't know if I need these "Deva" cuts.
I used to do my own color and now I'm having that done in the salon. I guess that expense is the reason I'm cheaping out on the cuts.

I trim my hair every so often... when the ends are looking kinda scraggly. I haven’t gotten it professionally trimmed since like... 2016. I’m sure my hair is a few different lengths, lol, but it’s easy to hide it because my hair is usually half up or in a low ponytail, in twists.

I trim my hair every so often... when the ends are looking kinda scraggly. I haven’t gotten it professionally trimmed since like... 2016. I’m sure my hair is a few different lengths, lol, but it’s easy to hide it because my hair is usually half up or in a low ponytail, in twists.
yes, mine is easy to hide mistakes in too.....I've had times in years past (prior to dry cutting) when I got the triangle or pyramid shape but with it being so long now that doesn't happen. If I keep cutting it I think eventually it won't have layers. but a while back my hairdresser commented that I'd pretty much lost all my layers (with the prior hairdresser cutting it)....so maybe with long hair the layers aren't as important

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi
yes, mine is easy to hide mistakes in too.....I've had times in years past (prior to dry cutting) when I got the triangle or pyramid shape but with it being so long now that doesn't happen. If I keep cutting it I think eventually it won't have layers. but a while back my hairdresser commented that I'd pretty much lost all my layers (with the prior hairdresser cutting it)....so maybe with long hair the layers aren't as important
interesting PF name....would that be pronounced we we Lexi Aussie?

Reactions: ouiouilexiaussi