Nappy bag - Help!!

Mrs Mc

Jan 25, 2009
Hi everyone!

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and very excited. However the main thing I'm stressing about is a stylish nappy bag!!! - Clearly have got my priorities ALL wrong but lets blame the hormones.... ;)

Firstly - i'm right in thinking that mulberry don't do a nappy bag do they?

Even though i only own 3 mulberries A choc bays, an oak outlet anthony and a rio roxanne (which I've fallen out with so its banished to the dustbag) - I'm officially spoilt now and don't think I could cope using a non-luxury bag (OMG how much of a princess do i sound!!)

One of my girlfriends is expecting too and she got a fairly cute matching nappy bag with her iCandy buggy and she's v excited over it and all i could think was "well its a bit plasticy isn't and its hardly a mulberry"!!! How rude of me!

I've considereed using my bays with a VIP liner in but I think I'd rather have a dedicated baby bag as I'm not 100% sure I'd like my lovely bays tainted and in all seriousness do need something practical just don't want any thing that is at all plastic-y or ugly!

Have looked at the LV one and the £1300 is a bit much even for a fussy cow like me, also looked at Coach ones too (as my boss goes to the US monthly), I looked at the Gucci one too and don't think I like the shape........

Have any of you any suggestions? (even non-mulberry ones) - what do the mummies on here use???

Thanks ladies

x x x

Hi there, your assumption is correct, Mulberry do not do a nappy bag.

I use an a4 roxy tote in leather however I think the vinyl option would be kinder to accidents, I had a milk spillage in my leather one, broke my heart :lol:

a4 roxy is a good size and the front pockets are really useful too.

I also have a Storksak - actually I bought it for my DH - it is called the Jamie http://www.storksak.com/product.php?shopprodid=28, and is the same one Brad Pitt uses for his baby duties (albeit in black) - that's how i managed to sell it in to DH ;) Storksak seem to have a celeb following, Angelina Jolie has this one http://www.storksak.com/product.php?shopprodid=40 , saw her in photos with it, of course it sent the price sky high for something that is essentially nylon! Actually just noticed they put her with the bag on the site - if you wanted to see modelling pics of it.

Good luck with your search for the perfect bag.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi there congrats on the great news. Make the mot of all this time you have to decide over bag because once little one appears time just flies!.
I have only just started on mulberry so did not have one as a nappy bag and quite glad i didnt with the amount of milk etc that would have been spilt in it. I had the i candy one but did not like it as never stayed on shoulder but loved my oi oi hobo one and they come in a range of stylish patterns. Pink lining yummy mummy bags are cute to. They can be bought from john lewis. Just my opinion though.
Let us know how you get on.

Hi and congrats!
Here is my oak Rockley set up as a nappy bag. It is a quite big and heavy bag in itself so I don´t use it all the time. And also is a bit fussy about DH´s and oak Mulberry bags (meaning when he is out with the babygirls)...

Anyway, I love it!;) Good luck finding the perfect one for you!

Attachments

• Rockley.JPG
    Rockley.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 1,547
Mymlan, Rockley looks awesome, fabulously organised!! Which liner is that?

And sorry I neglected to say congrats Mrs Mc on your pregnancy, fabulous news - I am trailing 4 weeks behind you :flowers: Hope you are feeling well and that the nausea if you suffered from it has long left you.

I hadn't yet gotten into Mulberry last time I had a baby :shame: I used a LeSportsac messenger with OiOi changing mat insert.

This time around, I'm going for LeSportsac again :tup: You just carry SO much crap around with you that the lighter the bag, the better IMO. And that's the lightest bag I could find.

Having said all that, I am thinking it's the perfect justification for a vinyl tote :graucho: but am saving for a Daria, so that will come first :yes:

MbyMJ do a decent baby bag - not too expensive but it is heavy.

Congrats on your fab news Mrs Mc!

For a while I used the same Storksak bag as Angelina Jolie, that maplecottage pointed out. It was okay but it's not very comfy over the shoulder and the strap kept slipping off. I since bought a cheap Babymel one which works just fine BUT I prefer to carry a Mulberry (I, too, am a total snob when it comes to baby bags!).

I was using both an oak Roxy A4 tote and a choc Elgin but was a bit bothered by the fact I had to rummage to find anything. So, I took a chance and bought a fuchsia Bays which has become my most used Mulberry. It's fully lined so no worries about stuff leaking and ruining the bag. I also have an oak Bays and am on the hunt for a choc one. I find that the style is perfect for carrying both my own and Miss M's stuff and I can also see everything inside without having to search.

If you'd still like to carry a Mulberry but to use as a nappy bag, what about one of the coated canvas Bays in black, purple or orange? They were in the last sale but I bet you could find one at the outlets.

KLP, I have us suspected of buying the exact same baby gear, same stokke pram, same stokke baby seat, did you get the stokke changing table, and cot?

Because I also have a Babymel bag too LOL - but never use it - it's not Mulberry, same reasoning as you too!

This time around, I'm going for LeSportsac again :tup: You just carry SO much crap around with you that the lighter the bag, the better IMO. And that's the lightest bag I could find.

WHAT, no Mulberry changing bag?! :wtf::faint: Your baby is never going to forgive you!:P

Hurry up and get that vinyl tote!

Speaking as Mum of three here, you could probably fit the bare essentials baby needs into your Roxanne.
Otherwise I would suggest either a coated canvas tote or one of the satchel type bags.

LOL, Maple!

No, we didn't get the changing table, though I wish we had. We opted not to get a cot for Miss M either. I had a king (UK size) mattress on the floor when I was her age so it seemed like a good idea to get her a single bed mattress on the floor with a bed rail so she doesn't fall off. Even if she did it's only six inches so she wouldn't really get hurt. She loves it because she can get up and come in our room when she's ready to get up, rather than crying for us to come and get her.

Nice idea and you don't have to worry from transitioning her from a cot to a big girl bed as she is already in one! Excellent, like it how she just gets up when she feels like it.

The changing table is brilliant, and I love that it converts into a desk once the days of changing nappies are over. I intend on changing her cot into the two chairs it converts to so she has a bedroom office set. Mind you this is going to take a bit longer timing wise with another baby on the way!!

I sold a kipling rufus messenger bag to a lady who wanted to use it as a nappy bag. You can get them in bold colours & they are machine washable. I do thing they are funky with the big monkey charm. You can get them for a decent price on ebay.
All the best finding what you want
Pol x