Napa leather? is that durable?

Jul 14, 2007
hi there
i tried to search for napa leather quality, but nothing came up. I'm very new to Prada, the only leather type i have encountered with prada is soft calf. I wonder if you guys could give me some insight with napa leather on prada bag. Is this durable leather? how is scratch factor on napa leather ? does it flake likve cervo lux finish? how do you care for napa leather/thanks

The nappa leather is awesome~! It's very soft, and so far it seems pretty durable too. I totally love it. :smile: Can't say much about the scratch factor, since mine is a striped tote, doesn't get scratched that easily. It definitely doesn't get flakey... at least it hasn't yet, and I've had my nappa tote for about a year. Hope this helps!

Nappa leather is lambskin so on the delicate side but is amazingly soft and supple. I have a gauffre shoulder bag in this material and so far it has held up well. Just treat it with tender loving care and it should last.

The lambskin fared far better on my noce Gauffre than it did on my Chanel Lady Braid - the gauffre still is fantastic and the Lady Braid had to go into the Chanel spa for piping replacement! So yes, it wears very well!

The lambskin fared far better on my noce Gauffre than it did on my Chanel Lady Braid - the gauffre still is fantastic and the Lady Braid had to go into the Chanel spa for piping replacement! So yes, it wears very well!

I swore off Chanel two years ago. The prices keep going through the roof and the quality keeps going into the toilet! For all the griping I do about Prada's poorly executed specialty finishes, I'll take Prada over Chanel ANY DAY.

Or as I told my own Chanel SA: when I'm looking at a bag with a price tag over $3000, it darn well better come in an Orange box! :graucho:

I swore off Chanel two years ago. The prices keep going through the roof and the quality keeps going into the toilet! For all the griping I do about Prada's poorly executed specialty finishes, I'll take Prada over Chanel ANY DAY.

Or as I told my own Chanel SA: when I'm looking at a bag with a price tag over $3000, it darn well better come in an Orange box! :graucho:

PP I agree. I bought one Chanel about a year ago on sale at Nordies. It looks to be the only one. The next one I looked at was $3200 and I said - no can do.

In the meantime I got totally hooked on Prada.